Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

(first?) built in dual red/green starfield laser system in an xB

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default (first?) built in dual red/green starfield laser system in an xB

hey peoples of Scionlife its been a while. i dont frequent here as much as i should been super busy with work n stuff. anyways i have something to share with you.

heres a first look at my new lighting rig. introducing the (i believe, i could be wrong feel free to correct me please) first gen2 scion xb with a built in DUAL red/green star field laser system. from Chauvet Lighting Systems (A Professional DJ and stage lighting manufacturer), this is no cheap spencers gifts laser. this system features not one but two Chauvet lasers modules each with a red and green laser diode, 5 operating modes, 9 built in programs and chase patterns, wirelessly controlled and music synched. full metal casing and custom permanent mounting brackets installed under the headliner over the the section where the swivel mount for the sun visors used to be. the mounts have adjustable swivel points for different angles and rotation. the laser units are removable since i used the 2.1 mm power jack that plugs into the back. the wires tuck in behing the headliner and run down the A pillars for a nice clean set up. heres the first video look. ill get more videos and pictures soon. enjoy guys. lots of updates coming as ive done alot more work then just this.

heres a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jci...layer_embedded

heres some pics:

heres how they mount:

some interior shots

first one is blurry:

heres 19 year old me. chillin in my car freezin ___ cold outside and reppin a 2zero6 shirt.

and heres some pics of some of the interior work ive done.

wrapped my B pillars as well. you can see my little digital display for my 4 channel RGB infernor flow lighting kit mounted there. its nice out of the way and low profile.

----------

some technical info:

the lasers operate at 12VDC and 500ma. the little power chord it came with had the little box on it. so it was allready set up quite well. i spliced both sets of wires together and ran them across the front support behind the headliner and down the B pillar. leaving the little plugs sticking out. i then ran them down to my little mini fuse box i installed under my dash (has 6 circuits) so i put a 2 amp fuse in one of them and ran it off that. i also split the positive wire and ran it to one of my switches i installed in my shift plate.

hope you guys enjoy. im pretty excited about this since ive not seen this done.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome. I would never do it, but it's way awesome that you did.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol this is pretty bad ___
Old 11-03-2011, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rice but to each there own I guess. Mods like this ive never understood.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for being cool about it though man. seriously i do appreciate it. see the one thing i love about this scion community is no matter what we are all cool to each other. not some D bag whos all givin you a bunch of crap and stuff because he hates it and wants to force his opinion on you.