Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2UR-GSE Into A XB

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2UR-GSE Into A XB

Let me begin with this I think about the oddest things while driving long distances. I'm already diagnosed crazy so don't mention this is crazy I know. Anyways I was driving this weekend to see a friend a long ways away by myself and I kept thinking about the Juke-R Nissan made with the GTR drive train and engine. Its so stupid and ridiculous it somehow makes itself very cool. After thinking about that I started thinking of my long lost Lexus ISF and trying to squeeze that engine and drive train into the XB. Don't get me wrong theres a lot of work IE. FWD to RWD, ECU, slicing up the tranny tunnel and firewall. I was thinking to drop out the front member with the engine/tranny (ISF) and see if our engine bay will except the big V8. Then drop the rear member with the brakes and diff and try to fit it in the rear. I know where my ISF is buried and know the guy who owns the junk yard. Would you try it? Has anyone else had thoughts like this or should I go see a doctor?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

DTA had Papadakis equip their xB with a pretty burly 2JZGTE. I do believe the brakes are all Supra, too. If not, all big brake. BDS also built their xB with a Tundra V8 adorned with a couple of go-fast snails.
I'm sure it's possible.

Try to get the calipers and rotors off of that ISF!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

calipers and rotors off of that ISF!and fitted on the xB2 would be KILLER...!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure how big the engine bay is compared to the xb1, but one of the guys in the club im in has put a chevy 350 in his and converted it to rwd
Old 01-22-2012, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DREWxB08
calipers and rotors off of that ISF!and fitted on the xB2 would be KILLER...!!!!
The axels, wheels, rotors, brakes, 5.0 V8, 8 spd tranny and pretty much everything. I would like to keep the interior XB just to scare people. Always expect the un expected from me. The XB is 3000 lbs right? The ISF is 3800 lbs. So how much would the weight go up in the XB with a FULL ISF swap? Does anyone know if the XB body and chassis could handle the loads and flex?

Originally Posted by eignub
Not sure how big the engine bay is compared to the xb1, but one of the guys in the club im in has put a chevy 350 in his and converted it to rwd
Can you get me some info on that? Just as a starting point.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196381
Old 01-22-2012, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do I like his thinking with this build... yes. Do I like the way it looks .... somewhat. Is that the way Im going ..... no way! But it does answer a few questions seeing that. Now I need to think long and hard about it. Maybe ill start with measurements first and compare the two vehicles.

Expert advice how much does the 2AZ-FE weigh? And does anyone think the Xb chassis could handle the 2UR?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

It could, but it's probably not optimal.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 AM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Id hit up Rob Cardona at World Racing in Torrence, I'm sure he could answer some questions about this dream.

they're current project
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...ing-supra.aspx

seen this car in person ohh my such a beauty