Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

RS 6.0 owners reply please

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RS 6.0 owners reply please

I am curious, for those of you who have an RS 6.0 Absolute Red, with the Pioneer navigation unit; 1. do you guy have the ability to use the steering wheel controls with the deck, 2. where and what kind of connections do you have with your iPod iPhone connection., 3. Have you changed the deck with another Pioneer/ Premier unit and still kept all the functions if so?
Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i can use the steering wheel controls and there is a iphod hook up in the glove box, justs a bunch of wires in there.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks
Old 05-14-2012, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can ether plug the ipod into the ipod only connt. in the glove box and control witht he navi touch screen or wheel controls. or use the head phone jack and plug that into the video in on the face of the unit and control with the ipod. you will only get sound and no video that way.

also i would check the units firmware. there has been an update from the 2008 software. the screen reponse somewhat better and the screens load faster. start up time is still slows as *****.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, right now the RS 6.0 I picked up doesn't have the original Pioneer Navi unit. It has another Pioneer Touchscreen unit, but no Navi and no Bluetooth, and the iPod connection is USB in the front, but the cable is missing. I have been using the headphone jack instead, just so I can listen to my iPod in the car. I know I can put my Premier unit in there and it will be basically plug and play. The only thing I like the fact the the unit that is in there now starts up right away and I can play my music right away. My Premier unit always took up to 90 seconds to start up and start playing music, I kind of hate that. So right now I will probably keep this other deck in until I start installing all my new and old stereo equipment so I only have to pull the car and dash apart once. Oh, at least the steering wheel controls work still, and I saw the add on unit used to keep the steering wheel controls.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LophatXB
Well, right now the RS 6.0 I picked up doesn't have the original Pioneer Navi unit. It has another Pioneer Touchscreen unit, but no Navi and no Bluetooth, and the iPod connection is USB in the front, but the cable is missing. I have been using the headphone jack instead, just so I can listen to my iPod in the car. I know I can put my Premier unit in there and it will be basically plug and play. The only thing I like the fact the the unit that is in there now starts up right away and I can play my music right away. My Premier unit always took up to 90 seconds to start up and start playing music, I kind of hate that. So right now I will probably keep this other deck in until I start installing all my new and old stereo equipment so I only have to pull the car and dash apart once. Oh, at least the steering wheel controls work still, and I saw the add on unit used to keep the steering wheel controls.

did you remove the unit yourself? or did you buy it like that. that can be a 1200 dollar unit lol. whats the model # of the unit you have now?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The model I have in the dash now is the Pioneer avh 1400dvd, I saw one at best buy it was like $250.00. My premier one is the avic f90bt, I think. Anyway, I still haven't decided what to keep in the car, I really don't need the navi, but miss my Bluetooth. And the fact the premier one also has 4volt RCA outputs makes me wanna put it in this vehicle. Right now I am trying to figure out more speaker set ups. Need some midbass and got a crazy idea for a sub box, wanna keep that a secret until I figure out how well it might work, or not.