Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

08-up GReddy SE Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:57 AM

Default 08-up GReddy SE Exhaust

ok so ive noticed no one has done either pics or vids on this exhaust so here it is

this is a install and pics write up. so after looking around and doing some research i found out the GReddy has discontinued this product (pn.10117954) but managed to get my hands on one through a ebay dealer located about a hour from me in LA.

ok so here it is i received the exhaust monday

Name:  DSCF1214.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  100.1 KB

heres what comes in the box (axle back, hardware, gasket, license plate frame, warranty card, and a sticker)

Name:  DSCF1221.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  63.1 KB

ok the tools youll need are a 14mm wrench, 14mm socket, 4" extension at least "to clear the bar for the gas tank that runs across the car", a flathead screwdriver, and depending where u live or where the car is from some PB blaster or whatever bolt loosener u prefer. mine was pretty bad

so first remove the two 14mm bolts holding the axle back section to the mid-pipe

youll notice the two nuts r welded to the axle back flange. i sprayed mine with the pb blaster and let them sit for about 5 min before even trying.

Name:  DSCF1223.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  119.1 KB

after removing the bolts ^ disconnect the flange and then remove from the hanger take the screwdriver and wiggle it between the rubber hanger and metal hanger post

Name:  DSCF1226.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  58.9 KB

Name:  DSCF1224.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  98.1 KB

pressing on the rubber hanger at the same time use the screwdriver to pop it over the lip of the metal post once u get it over the lip just pull the two in opposite directions and it will come free. slide the exhaust over the axle and its out

here is the comparison of the stock vs the GReddy

Name:  DSCF1228.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  79.2 KB

Name:  DSCF1229.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  DSCF1230.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  DSCF1232.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  82.0 KB

ok so the now the install of the new one. here a lil trick i learned from doing all my other exhaust systems. place the plastic the piping comes in back over it like so; i also left the tip wrapping on to protect it from damage

Name:  DSCF1233.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  87.0 KB

now slide the piping back over the axle and install the hanger post first should just slide right in no tools needed.

Name:  DSCF1238.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  72.8 KB

before bolting it together remove the stock gasket. if u do not remove the stock gasket u WILL break the new one and it will cause a exhaust leak. if ur flange looks like mine go over the mid-pipe flange with a wire brush and clean it up. heres the stock gasket vs one supplied

Name:  DSCF1234.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  103.4 KB

youll notice on muti-layer gaskets like the one supplied one side is perfectly flat and the other side will have a beveled edge. this my be just personal preference but since im bolting a new flange to a oe /unlevel flange i tend to place the beveled side towards the unlevel side tends to seal better

place the supplied gasket between the two flanges and bolt together using the supplied hardware, passing the bolt from the mid-pipe side through then place the lock washer and finally the nut. hand tighten then line everything together and tighten down. if u feel like the bolts might jiggle free for some reason place a lil loctite on the threads before placing them in. after tightening everything down and checking twice u have a finished product like so...

Name:  DSCF1235.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  82.8 KB

Name:  DSCF1236.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  62.3 KB

Name:  DSCF1237.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  55.4 KB

here is a video of it just after install ok sound on the video but i will redo it so u ca really hear what it sounds like...

http://youtu.be/FFWqvQKIrQw
Old 05-09-2012, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ditch the mud flaps, cool tip though.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been wondering about the exhuast....Sounds nice and has a great tone...what did you pay?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, its basically a straight pipe to replace the muffler?

Looks nice!

Edit: watched the video, sounds nice as well! I'd love to hear it with an intake on there.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Goodtimes197750
Ditch the mud flaps, cool tip though.
i would ditch the flaps but they serve a purpose since im going a different route than all the other xb i see
but thanks the tip looks great in the sun as well
Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shadezz
I've been wondering about the exhuast....Sounds nice and has a great tone...what did you pay?
yea i was the same way i noticed no one had it so i bought mine so everyone else can have a reference

as for price its a little on the high end i think for just a axleback i payed $337 shipped through a ebay dealer i know but every where else i have looked they start around $350-^ before tax and shipping

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
So, its basically a straight pipe to replace the muffler?

Looks nice!

Edit: watched the video, sounds nice as well! I'd love to hear it with an intake on there.
toaster yes it is a straight pipe no muffle what so ever i believe its 60mm piping to a 102mm Ti tip

and thanks im looking to have a CAI in within the month or so ill post another video for sure
Old 05-23-2012, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How are you thoughts after a few weeks?
Old 05-27-2012, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it does sound good. Maybe a little more aggressive than the supposedly 2" (51mm) dia. Borla, which is ~$240 shipped.

Can we please get an updated pic of the exhaust tip; wondering if that cool and distinct coloration lasts?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

From previous experience with Greddy's burnt tips they do brown but never lose the burnt tip. All you need to polish the tip up and it will look as good as new. That sounds dirty.

Originally Posted by GDubya
Yes, it does sound good. Maybe a little more aggressive than the supposedly 2" (51mm) dia. Borla, which is ~$240 shipped.

Can we please get an updated pic of the exhaust tip; wondering if that cool and distinct coloration lasts?
Old 06-05-2012, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I ordered this exhaust for my wife's xb. Should get it tomorrow. I cant wait to get it on. I had the greddy ti-c on my tC and loved it. I'm sure I will love this one as well.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by budha
I ordered this exhaust for my wife's xb. Should get it tomorrow. I cant wait to get it on. I had the greddy ti-c on my tC and loved it. I'm sure I will love this one as well.
Update us please with some pics
Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

u said u bought it off ebay?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Shadezz
How are you thoughts after a few weeks?
ok been a while since ive done the install now that everything has settled it sounds better been noticing that the longer its on the car the tone just keeps getting better gonna do a cold start vid and let u guys see what u think

Originally Posted by GDubya

yea im gonna do a update on the 13 new pics and a vid
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 09RSXB
u said u bought it off ebay?
yes if u google the greedy part number it should pop up ebay was the only place that had it in stock since its been discontinued
Old 06-17-2012, 09:45 PM

ok so here are a couple new pics and the new video will be added as soon as its done uploading. pics look a lil weird but it was like 6 but in person no fading or discoloration what so ever

Name:  DSCF1244.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  DSCF1245.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  130.4 KB

Name:  DSCF1243.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  95.9 KB

Last edited by dirtyvkush; 06-18-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:52 PM

here is the new vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cevxs...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I just put ours on the wife's xb last night. Its actually really quiet. My wife loves it.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds great to me!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by budha
I just put ours on the wife's xb last night. Its actually really quiet. My wife loves it.
yes it is a lil quiet but it give the perfect tone and doesn't attract attention from the cops which sucks out here in cali cuz i get harassed anytime i take out either one of my nissans
Old 07-16-2012, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

It actually sounds a little better now that she's driven it a bit. I love the way it sounds now.

Quick Reply: 08-up GReddy SE Exhaust