Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

xB2 Green header now available...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Default xB2 Green header now available...

http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_green_4-1.cfm

Old 07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a work of art. great job guys at dezod!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

However, this is a 4:1 header Vs. the compared against Weapon-R 4:2:1! It just so happens a 4:1 delivers max performance at high rpm (racing), whereas a 4:2:1 delivers max performance in the mid range (road driving). Kind of an apples to oranges comparison as far as I'm concerned ! It's great there's another 4:1 option, but please don't automatically consider it superior to the Weapon-R, it's a different animal. Personally, I'd be very happy to be running a Weapon-R (I like mid-range torque), but I'm running a wrapped 4:1 instead (price worked and performance isn't half bad)! I don't question this may be a great product, I merely suggest looking closely at your needs and goals when making your choice !
Old 07-18-2012, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's not 50 state legal is it?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good, but too expensive for me.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REDACTED

Last edited by pyroman131; 07-26-2018 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After reading up on it I still think I'd go with the weapon r, I don't race and I am automatic my car won't see revs high enough to justify this product. Looks sweet though.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
However, this is a 4:1 header Vs. the compared against Weapon-R 4:2:1! It just so happens a 4:1 delivers max performance at high rpm (racing), whereas a 4:2:1 delivers max performance in the mid range (road driving). Kind of an apples to oranges comparison as far as I'm concerned ! It's great there's another 4:1 option, but please don't automatically consider it superior to the Weapon-R, it's a different animal. Personally, I'd be very happy to be running a Weapon-R (I like mid-range torque), but I'm running a wrapped 4:1 instead (price worked and performance isn't half bad)! I don't question this may be a great product, I merely suggest looking closely at your needs and goals when making your choice !
Originally Posted by VENisME
Looks good, but too expensive for me.

Originally Posted by Goodtimes197750
After reading up on it I still think I'd go with the weapon r, I don't race and I am automatic my car won't see revs high enough to justify this product. Looks sweet though.
Our headers are hand crafted here in the USA and not made in China like Weapon R nor mass produced. Are headers are made to order and offer true American made craftsmanship that is unparalleled for the $ and for the application. So if you are serious about performance, don't want to pollute the environment, still want to remain legal, this header is the piece for you.

Our header has gains across the RPM band from 2000 RPMS on! It's not just redline gains like many other headers out there. We sought after a broader power band, which is what we achieved.

Originally Posted by Goodtimes197750
It's not 50 state legal is it?
No. 49 state. Cali it's not legal.

Originally Posted by pyroman131
"Green" nomenclature implies environmentally friendly, which would suggest that installing this product makes the xB "Green".
Correct.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

So it has been confirmed that this fits the 2nd gen xB? The tC and xB2 do not share the same header. There are subtle differences. I'm willing to be a test fit guinea pig.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
So it has been confirmed that this fits the 2nd gen xB? The tC and xB2 do not share the same header. There are subtle differences. I'm willing to be a test fit guinea pig.
Confirmed fitment with the xB2. Different part number as well.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

REDACTED

Last edited by pyroman131; 07-26-2018 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it's 49 state legal, then it's ahead of my current 4:1 header ! I'm expecting to be OK with my current setup at emissions inspection, but if I could be assured of that at a reasonable price, it would clearly be an advantage! Guess I'll find out come the 5yr inspection (winter coming). I'm hoping my test will be limited to an OBD II scan -- I know that passes !

In any case, it's clearly a flow improvement over the OE manifold and I'm presuming it doesn't require an elbow for the second O2 sensor (given it apparently includes a cat). Could well be a natural upgrade from OE for the more conservative amongst us !
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul,
This header looks to be a premium piece of workmanship and getting it green certainly has it's advantages.

Can you please post your dyno curve to redline on an xB?

I own a '12 and have just finished installing a K&N Typhoon SRI. I don't plan on FI or getting into the motor. But I am considering a true performance exhaust, and I believe you get what you pay for.

What/whose components would you recommend for the rest of the system?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
If it's 49 state legal, then it's ahead of my current 4:1 header ! I'm expecting to be OK with my current setup at emissions inspection, but if I could be assured of that at a reasonable price, it would clearly be an advantage! Guess I'll find out come the 5yr inspection (winter coming). I'm hoping my test will be limited to an OBD II scan -- I know that passes !

In any case, it's clearly a flow improvement over the OE manifold and I'm presuming it doesn't require an elbow for the second O2 sensor (given it apparently includes a cat). Could well be a natural upgrade from OE for the more conservative amongst us !
No anti-fouler is needed due to a real cat being used.

Originally Posted by GDubya
Paul,
This header looks to be a premium piece of workmanship and getting it green certainly has it's advantages.

Can you please post your dyno curve to redline on an xB?

I own a '12 and have just finished installing a K&N Typhoon SRI. I don't plan on FI or getting into the motor. But I am considering a true performance exhaust, and I believe you get what you pay for.

What/whose components would you recommend for the rest of the system?
The engine is the same on the xB and the tC. The results would be near identical if not, the same. We just did test fitment, sound check and street impressions on the setup.

Well the further selection of components above and beyond this are going to be at the end user's discretion and contingent upon what sound levels and power levels they want to achieve overall.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
No anti-fouler is needed due to a real cat being used.

The engine is the same on the xB and the tC. The results would be near identical if not, the same. We just did test fitment, sound check and street impressions on the setup.

Well the further selection of components above and beyond this are going to be at the end user's discretion and contingent upon what sound levels and power levels they want to achieve overall.
Sounds good to me dude ! My Ebay Strup knock off works fine (took some effiort to bring the fit in , but I'd prefer a header that inherently did more to support the mid-range! Sounds to me this header deserves serious consideration.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Does anybody have an idea about what would be an appropriate exhaust to go with this header on an '08 xB with TRD Supercharger? Hopefully not too loud, and all the way back from the header to the tailpipe. Must meet Texas emissions.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Aged_xB_Guy
Does anybody have an idea about what would be an appropriate exhaust to go with this header on an '08 xB with TRD Supercharger? Hopefully not too loud, and all the way back from the header to the tailpipe. Must meet Texas emissions.
Try tsudo dual catback, great sounding exhuast, full catback. Strongly considering pairing this header with my tsudo duals and injen cai. wish i was supercharged like you lol.

I've been going back between header choices with the new tsudo, weapon r, but I think this ones my favorite because of the high flow cat, and I've always been a fan of dezod's work in the scion community.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mikey_Boy
Try tsudo dual catback, great sounding exhuast, full catback. Strongly considering pairing this header with my tsudo duals and injen cai. wish i was supercharged like you lol.

I've been going back between header choices with the new tsudo, weapon r, but I think this ones my favorite because of the high flow cat, and I've always been a fan of dezod's work in the scion community.
Thanks! Ours makes it truly bolt-on performance.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Paul do you still make this header I didn't see it on your site? Is this made to order?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

No sir. Discontinued

Quick Reply: xB2 Green header now available...