01-16-2006, 09:39 PM
I've been saving money to get S/C and have several questions:
1. What parts do I need to order besides the S/C. What is reflash?
2. Can I keep my warranty if I use someone else to install it?
3. If I order the parts from TRD Sparks and have someone install it, how much money total do you think I need?
4. Is it easy to install a S/C?
Anyway, I got $1500 right now and plan to tripple it on poker :rofl:
01-16-2006, 10:07 PM
1. You wont need anything else if you get it done at the dealer. You will need the reflash tool if you do it yourself.
2. Your warranty drops to one year if you do it yourself.
3. Through trd sparks it will be about $3000 total. Plus whatever you pay someone.
4. Depends on your experience.
Me personally. If I can spend $3360 on a part. I can spend $500 on a proper install with full warranty, and someone to blame if something goes wrong. If you have a friend do it and he messes up, good luck on making him pay for the sc and engine.
Good luck and you will enjoy it.
01-16-2006, 11:10 PM
isn't it just the sc warranty that becomes 1 year if diy? I think the regular powertraing and bumper to bumper is unaffected. You'll get 3 years on the sc itself if installed by dealer right?
01-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Its actually the remaining balance of your powertrain warranty if you get it installed by the dealer...lets say you get the supercharger installed with 10,000 miles on the car...your warranty left on the supercharger would be 50,000 miles
01-17-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah the one year is on the supercharger parts. Sorry about that.