http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/xbinterior1.jpg
http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/xbgauges.jpg
http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/xbipod.jpg
http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/xbcargo1.jpg
http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/xbcargo2.jpg

-wC

burstaneurysm
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Okay, this I like. I dig the gauges, the SI styled shifter is kinda bizarre. The storage space looks immense. That would be hella useful. So yea, I like the way the interior turned out.

WheelSee
02-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I like those baskets up on the C Pillars...

-wC

burstaneurysm
02-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I just noticed the double armrest. That's kinda dumb. Why didn't they just make the center console tall enough for both the passenger and driver to use. That driver add-on arm rest seems really out of place.

tCTaco
02-08-2007, 04:20 PM
I love it....Its got room for boom and groceries

lufoxe
02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
I think they got requests (I know I requested it) for a driver side captains chair, so they gave it, and the center armrest would be to store stuff, like some vans

cherryBox
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
about time they popped in a map light...

I think the dash is going to be very restrictive in terms of mods avail. It looks much less modular. Not sure i dig the asymmetry.

smoke20
02-08-2007, 05:10 PM
I love it, especially all that room behind the rear seat unlike mine. I could actually buy groceries or go shopping and have 4 people in the car

El_Jorge
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Dash looks good....But Im wondering how much bigger this new version is?

teamkasnomas
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
awesome...

06CStC
02-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Looks decent, not too sure bout the center gauge, but it doesnt take much away from the interior overall.

salteen
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
The gauges are pretty slick. The cargo space looks ginormous. I voted that I like it. I don't love it because the seats are hideous and it still looks cheap and plasticky.

stonecoldnimrod
02-08-2007, 05:36 PM
i don't know about everyone else... i'm tall. i sit with the seath all the way back... and from the pics... the cd placer looks too far away from the driver's reach. sure your;'re thinking the audio controls are on the wheel. but for anyone who has the ipod option on the stereo... you can't function the ipod with the steering wheel other than change from last track to next track. i'll have to reach all the way out to the right control knob to select... playlist... artist... album... song... play. the steering wheel shou dhave a click wheel type option on it so i can control every function of my ipod from it rather than reach out. sucks reaching for it when you've already gotten comfortable in your seat.

bBlover
02-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I want that new HU!!! iPod compatibility included w/ the stock radio!! I like the guages I wish they were like the current one but oh well. I like the interior overall but the shifter is hideous!! Eww. Other than that negative, I like the xB2!

saddlesore
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
I voted that I like it.... however there are a few things I DO NOT LIKE.

1)The speedo needs to be a needle not a numeric. a numeric you must focus on it to see what your speed is ,whilst a needle you can guage your speed in your periferal vision.

2)The total guage pod needs to be up next to the windscreen, more in line with your eyes

3) The shift tower looks goofy.

4) The blind spot at the rear quarters are gonna be a pain in the arse

5) is the steeting wheel telescope'n?. if not it needs to be for us long legged drivers.

:tap: :tap: :tap:

dgHotLava
02-08-2007, 06:36 PM
I just noticed the double armrest. That's kinda dumb. Why didn't they just make the center console tall enough for both the passenger and driver to use. That driver add-on arm rest seems really out of place.

this bothers me a lot.

the whole interior seems like it just came out of the dryer/cemet mixer (some sort of tumbling device)

the top gauges do not line up with the radio or hvac controls or the shifter hump..
the radio does not line up with the gauges or the hvac controls or the shifter hump..

the shifter hum does not line up with....you get my point.

the least they could have done was line one side up...

then the passanger airbag light just sitting over on the side for god knows what reason...
the little armrest on the drivers chair will hurt your arm (just like a pt cruiser one)
the console storage that will be blocked by the drivers arm rest and is too far back to be usefull (or accessed easily)

the seat buckle latches are in white???

the glovebox shelf thing is gone...now we just get an indent???(make it smooth or give us a shelf...)

the two dome lights that are both over the front passenger area...(the rear light is over the drivers shoulder...will not light up the rear seat foot wells)

the rear cargo area is almost perfect...

i would like to see a door (or flap) covering the side pockets...
the rear shelf brackets could be more discrete..(like not there till yo put the shelf in...)

is it still missing a trunk/cargo light???

lilochoa1
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
"Like" in inside BUT HATE THE OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

jovan_gonzales
02-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I like the inside a LOT! Looks very spacious amd future cool! Mmmm.

dgHotLava
02-08-2007, 06:44 PM

1)The speedo needs to be a needle not a numeric. a numeric you must focus on it to see what your speed is ,whilst a needle you can guage your speed in your periferal vision.

2)The total guage pod needs to be up next to the windscreen, more in line with your eyes

5) is the steeting wheel telescope'n?. if not it needs to be for us long legged drivers.

1...thats personal taste...i've had both and never realized any problems
2. current xB are worse...
3...absolutly
4. rear qtr blind spots???your kidding right. you can't see out of the current xB's. they are so hidden by the deep interior paneling i can't see out of them with them there...this design will not have such a big blind spot as you think...anything you would need to see there would be best seen in the rear/side mirrors and/or turning your head a little...
5. i would love that too. i am hoping for better leg support from the new seats...i can't drive an hour with out hurting..

Big_Bird
02-08-2007, 06:50 PM
upon further inspection, i sorta like it, wish the gauge cluster was in front of the driver, because there are more gauges now, i dont want to spane across the whole dahs to read how much gas i have

stonecoldnimrod
02-08-2007, 06:52 PM

look at the picture of the ipod. the seat belt latches aren't white. must be a glare of light from the pic but i did get where you were coming from with the other pics.

dgHotLava
02-08-2007, 06:52 PM
i voted Hate, because there was no dislike...

i don't really hate it, i've seen worse.
but it is very bad.

SNJ_XB
02-08-2007, 07:01 PM
The seats look like $5.00 Ebay slip on seat covers, plus it looks like they have almost no bolstering.

dudehitt
02-08-2007, 07:03 PM

this bothers me a lot.

the whole interior seems like it just came out of the dryer/cemet mixer (some sort of tumbling device)

the top gauges do not line up with the radio or hvac controls or the shifter hump..
the radio does not line up with the gauges or the hvac controls or the shifter hump..

the shifter hum does not line up with....you get my point.

the least they could have done was line one side up...

then the passanger airbag light just sitting over on the side for god knows what reason...
the little armrest on the drivers chair will hurt your arm (just like a pt cruiser one)
the console storage that will be blocked by the drivers arm rest and is too far back to be usefull (or accessed easily)

the glovebox shelf thing is gone...now we just get an indent???(make it smooth or give us a shelf...)

the two dome lights that are both over the front passenger area...(the rear light is over the drivers shoulder...will not light up the rear seat foot wells)

the rear cargo area is almost perfect...

i would like to see a door (or flap) covering the side pockets...
the rear shelf brackets could be more discrete..(like not there till yo put the shelf in...)

is it still missing a trunk/cargo light???

You must be an engineer, that lack of alignment makes me crazy!

bozo
02-08-2007, 07:06 PM
The only thing that just absolutely bothers me is the gauge cluster. It looks like pontiac had a bunch of leftover digital speedos and toyota picked them up to cut costs. But the rest is OK.

dudehitt
02-08-2007, 07:07 PM

1...thats personal taste...i've had both and never realized any problems
2. current xB are worse...
3...absolutly
4. rear qtr blind spots???your kidding right. you can't see out of the current xB's. they are so hidden by the deep interior paneling i can't see out of them with them there...this design will not have such a big blind spot as you think...anything you would need to see there would be best seen in the rear/side mirrors and/or turning your head a little...
5. i would love that too. i am hoping for better leg support from the new seats...i can't drive an hour with out hurting..

1. I don't think it matters
2. the current xB is higher, so more visible. There is also only one thing to look at, not 4 that make you decide where your eyes should go. People hate that center gauge on the classid, but after driving one for a week I learned to love it. Now it ticks me off if I have to move my hand to see my speed.
3. I agree
4. I tried looking out my rear quarter windows the other day after seeing people complain about the pillar. Please don't try it while moving, you'll kill somebody if you don't sprain your neck first.
5. I'm 5'9", you tall guys suck, just deal with it. :rofl:

seattledave
02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
the new interior is "teh suck"

it makes me glad knowing my resale value on my current xB will go up. horrendous interior, look like you got 6+ shades of gray in the interior.

#1 i love the current amount of cubbies, just like my 81' amc concorde(first car i bought with my own money...$300).

#2 i now love the single gauge idea in the current xB, now it's all spread out for little reason(has there ever been a temperature gauge so big?)

5. I'm 5'9", you tall guys suck, just deal with it. :rofl:

You say "suck", I say further "evolved".

laflaca
02-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I have lurked on here for a long time but figured I'd throw in teh interior pictures that are more customized. They look far better then the stock interior shots.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/chi07_scionxb---17.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/chi07_scionxb---16.jpg

I personally really like the interior

dgHotLava
02-08-2007, 08:39 PM

look at the picture of the ipod. the seat belt latches aren't white. must be a glare of light from the pic but i did get where you were coming from with the other pics.
i hope they get it right...

cause in the first two pics they are white...
then its dark...

here are two that show the flip flop..

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/36-2008-scion-xb.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/02/37-2008-scion-xb.jpg

JSM1284
02-08-2007, 08:44 PM
The first pic is a "Static" Vehicle, used only for testing purposes.

The second pic is an actual production model.

flintgauge86
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
the seats make me want to hurl... and they look itchy... :(

flintgauge86
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
I also believe the gauges should have been moved infront of the driver or left in the middle as just one single gauge. I agree with the others who have pointed out how out of line every thing seems to be. Lastly, there are like "11" different grays as someone else pointed out. Either bad lighting, or Scion fumbled this one.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-08-2007, 08:49 PM
both the 5 speed and the auto have cruise? Shweet.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have the link to all the interior pics for the xD? I thought there was a link that was solely interior pic from AutoBlog.

shorberg
02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
the first pic there looks like there is a red tint to the seat fabric even . . .

JSM1284
02-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Again, that is just a "Static" Vehicle, used for testing. The second pic is the production parts.

lancehuff
02-08-2007, 09:21 PM
it looks like a mini van. ew. sorry but i am still not feeling it.

looks like a decked out mini van, a soccer moms dream.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Did anyone else notice that there are speakers in the front window frame ( like the current xA ) and in the passenger rear doors? I also like that you can close the vent passages completely.

Grogck
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
The seat material definitely LOOKS low-budget (I'd gladly pay for a dealer-upgrade if that were an option.) Everything else actually looks quite good IMO. Like the additional storage space in the back and after having a chair-mounted armrest in a previous car I REALLY miss those. Glad to see it included.

I'm assuming there's no moonroof.

javastan
02-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I like the extra space. I think the interior is the best part of the new xB

KevinxB
02-08-2007, 10:24 PM
The seat material definitely LOOKS low-budget (I'd gladly pay for a dealer-upgrade if that were an option.) Everything else actually looks quite good IMO. Like the additional storage space in the back and after having a chair-mounted armrest in a previous car I REALLY miss those. Glad to see it included.

Agreed on all counts

Max
02-08-2007, 10:44 PM

Agreed on all counts

+2

Seat fabric is awful.

dudehitt
02-08-2007, 10:51 PM

Are you sure which is which? The first one has a new but fairly normal looking Scion radio, the second has a very different Scion radio. Is that going to be the stock radio, or are they going to offer it as an option?

RMS
02-08-2007, 11:58 PM
http://blogs.cars.com/photos/uncategorized/xbinterior2.jpg
-wC

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/RMS2K05/he2.jpg

Wow, now that is real unique! :tap:

Iride_xB04
02-09-2007, 12:19 AM
everything is awesome but the gauges in the center? noooo

dudehitt
02-09-2007, 01:25 AM
everything is awesome but the gauges in the center? noooo

so you hate your car?

I can't figure out why all the people are complaining about what they already have (sort of). That's the only thing they kept, and that was just location. I'd expect tC owners to not like it, but box drivers?

ProjectFusion
02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
see i think the interior seats quality actually look a little better then the old xb. But those are just pics.

dgHotLava
02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
the seat fabric looks to be more durable then the current xb...many people have issues with the seat bottom pinching and lifting...looked horrid.

right CB???

i am fine with the gauges being in the center. i just wish they moved it farther to the right so it lined up with something...so it looks like it belonged there...so it looks like someone actually designed it not just slapped it in as an after thought.

the speakers are in the door not the a-pillar. the triangle piece that is behind the mirror mounting.

firesquare
02-09-2007, 12:29 PM
hers my .15 cents on it

1. gauges are perfect. ok placement, like dave said they look like an afterthought. and also looks like the designer was driving a saturn ion for a while

2. the seats look like something you would find in a 1981 Plymouth Reliant K coupe

3. I think with just the two dome lights i hope it will have more interior lights then our current xB

4. The "tricked" out dash on page 2 looks pretty cool. and maybe its the angle of the camera that makes it look a little better.

Dave did you notice that the cup holders arent squared off with the front console? i cant fit a big cup on one side then the other, maybe its a theme of some sort.

"Square, but off a bit" anyone get that :-P :-/

i like my xB and im keepin it!!!!!

lufoxe
02-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I have one funny little question that noone has asked. I've been hearing alot about HD radio, and I've heard some HD radio stations (some multicasted stations are great) and... does the new xB have an HD radio (an option of that is somethign I would pay for)

CBSIMONSEZ
02-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I have one funny little question that noone has asked. I've been hearing alot about HD radio, and I've heard some HD radio stations (some multicasted stations are great) and... does the new xB have an HD radio (an option of that is somethign I would pay for)

WIth Satellite Radio taking off with both providers i cant see how HD radio can really hold on. IMO it was a last ditch effert to try and keep the average Joe listener. Also IMO i cant tell the difference between regular radio and HD. Scion already offers SAT ready radios ( which they are offering again in the new models, just look at the close up pics in the interior shots ) so the HD head unit wouldnt be necessary.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-09-2007, 01:40 PM
the seat fabric looks to be more durable then the current xb...many people have issues with the seat bottom pinching and lifting...looked horrid.

right CB???

But cha know .... it was only on the RS1 models that had that problem. I fought with 2 dealerships on that matter and they just basically said to go ____ up a tree. Luckily mine isnt as unsightly as some others i have seen out in our Scion meets. I have seen some that look like there is a midgit in the seat.

the speakers are in the door not the a-pillar. the triangle piece that is behind the mirror mounting.

This is what i meant to say, but was too excited to get my fingers to type it. :rofl:

dgHotLava
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM

right CB???

But cha know .... it was only on the RS1 models that had that problem. I fought with 2 dealerships on that matter and they just basically said to go ____ up a tree. Luckily mine isnt as unsightly as some others i have seen out in our Scion meets. I have seen some that look like there is a midgit in the seat.

This is what i meant to say, but was too excited to get my fingers to type it. :rofl:

just keep those fingers above the keyboard and i'll be happy...
i've seen non RS boxes with the seat covers bunching...but they claim it is your abuse that causes it...

CBSIMONSEZ
02-09-2007, 02:11 PM
i've seen non RS boxes with the seat covers bunching...but they claim it is your abuse that causes it...

Yeah, i wish. If i was pounding the bottom of the seat that hard on a consistant basis i wouldnt get any where, there would be a body in my line of view. :lalala:

lufoxe
02-09-2007, 02:12 PM

WIth Satellite Radio taking off with both providers i cant see how HD radio can really hold on. IMO it was a last ditch effert to try and keep the average Joe listener. Also IMO i cant tell the difference between regular radio and HD. Scion already offers SAT ready radios ( which they are offering again in the new models, just look at the close up pics in the interior shots ) so the HD head unit wouldnt be necessary.

at first it sounds like that, but it's a different audience, I for example heard (and loved) sirius radio, I don't want to be paying for radio. HD radio just adds extra quality and extra stations to existing ones (like in Miami there's 93.1 which is rock and then there's 93.1-2 which is classic rock.) It's not a big thing, but it'd be nice to have LOL

CBSIMONSEZ
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM

at first it sounds like that, but it's a different audience, I for example heard (and loved) sirius radio, I don't want to be paying for radio. HD radio just adds extra quality and extra stations to existing ones (like in Miami there's 93.1 which is rock and then there's 93.1-2 which is classic rock.) It's not a big thing, but it'd be nice to have LOL

With it still being FM raido ... your going to loose the quality the furhter you go from the tower any way. Im not trying to bash HD radio ... im just trying to shed some light as to why Scion wont use it. IMO there really isnt a large calling for it.

1_kLEan_tC
02-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I all around like this car...

lufoxe
02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
With it still being FM raido ... your going to loose the quality the furhter you go from the tower any way. Im not trying to bash HD radio ... im just trying to shed some light as to why Scion wont use it. IMO there really isnt a large calling for it.

nah not saying you're bashing... and I say scion should have it cause... cause... iono I couldn't find anything that they really need to add LOL

salteen
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
my god those seats are really horrible...

oni424
02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I really think it is sweet! when is it coming out?

Kremtok
02-09-2007, 02:51 PM
After seeing the interior of both the new xB and the xD, I think I'd prefer the xB based on the dash layout alone. That said, I'm sure the car looks much different in person, so I'll have to hold final judgment until after driving both cars.

JSM1284
02-09-2007, 03:01 PM

Are you sure which is which? The first one has a new but fairly normal looking Scion radio, the second has a very different Scion radio. Is that going to be the stock radio, or are they going to offer it as an option?

The "Static" model has the standard Scion Radio. The other pic is the stero upgrade. Pioneer with the fancy display, Stock Amplifier Preouts, Basically a stock aftermarket unit.

WheelSee
02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I think it's definately a step up I like the new headunits as well

-wC

scionofPCFL
02-10-2007, 07:23 PM
The best thing about the upgrade HU are the RCA outs.

HD radio vs Sat:
Haven't heard HD radio yet (hicksville, USA), but sat is the bomb. I haven't listened to FCC monitored radio in a while, and it's nice. Besides, most folks bring their own music wherever they go.

spwolf
02-11-2007, 02:45 AM
How about these? Courtosy of:
http://thehollywoodextra.blogspot.com/

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6790/01rs5.jpg

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4678/03wv9.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9005/02vi3.jpg

ProjectFusion
02-11-2007, 04:01 AM
I wonder if that navi screen can be used as a dvd screen while driving. I know I did that in my G35 so I'm hoping the same for this.

kevets
02-11-2007, 04:09 AM
I want to trade in my wife's Hyundai for one.... :drool:

Toasted-_-
02-11-2007, 04:11 AM
The digital speedo sucks and I don't like the seats. :nope:

Ez
02-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I can't wait to get in one personally, only thing I'm a bit unsure of are the seats, they seem a bit to flat compared to the current xB.

SactoGuy7654
02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
How about white on black markings for the instrument panel as an option? The current red on black markings could cause readability problems in daytime, especially if you're wearing sunglasses. :nope:

CBSIMONSEZ
02-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I want to trade in my wife's Hyundai for one.... :drool:

Dont expect much, it is a Hyundai. I say that because i had a 2002 Accent and wanted to trade it in on the box that i have now. I paid just over 7K for the Accent adn when it was time to trade Scions firs offer was 1K. Did i mention the car was in mint condition ... not a scratch ... and mile was just at 15K. I didnt use it much as i just started a new job shortly after and was blessed with a company truck. I ended up selling it privately a week being on line for just over 5K$.

Max
02-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Agreed on all counts

+2

Seat fabric is awful.

I retract my previous statement. After seeing the seats in person, the fabric is just fine.

gizmoviki73
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I really, really LOVE the interior, but I HATE the outside!!! If I wanted to drive the "competition", I would have bought it. The box, is no longer a box. I will probably still trade my '06 in on it, for bigger engine, an auto and for the interior, but I need to see it in person, before I like the outside (I hope).

dudehitt
02-16-2007, 06:38 PM
I just noticed that rear cupholder. That thing will be broken in about 2 weeks, 10 minutes if you have kids.

ScionXBrent
02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
That dash has WAY too much going on...

toyotatodd
02-18-2007, 01:52 AM
You could fit a pair of 12s (maybe 15s) over the wheel humps in the back without loosing any useful space. Making the new xb a super dope def jam you can dance to.

It will be nice to have the shifter 2 feet away from my mouth

Digital... I never had one of those things b4. I'm exited about something new after driving my corolla-coasta for 11 years 2 months 8 days.

I saw the thing at the autoshow. It looked as roomy in the back as many of the luxury cars. Much better than most Stupid Ugly Vehicles. The front has a zen like feel. Everything is right in front of you.

As far as blind spots... I rented a new Grand Prix (pronouced pree) I could not see a thing out the back at all what so freaking ever I might as well have been driving a freaking semi. I don't think that will be a big deal with the new b.

One more thing... I love you

rogcjms
02-18-2007, 02:19 AM
yeah the rear cupholders look like they cant hold much but maybe a 12oz can. I do like the digital gauges and i do like they are still centered, something that make the xB's look different than other models. The seats would have to get seat covers or some leather cuz I aint feeling them. Id rather have my seats in my xB swapped out, they look better. Other than that I am looking forward to actually sitting in one and deciding if I really want one...

rishio
02-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Why couldn't scion think of this?

http://www.autoblog.com/media/2006/04/Element-SC-seats-down-450.jpg

It would be awesome if I could go camping, foldback the seats and sleep in the xb completely flat.

Cmec2004
02-20-2007, 03:15 AM
ahh that would be comfortable

lufoxe
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM

It would be awesome if I could go camping, foldback the seats and sleep in the xb completely flat.

2 simple answers.
1) It would be copying the element, there flak about the copying the element, could you imagine if they copied seat config as well
but I think it's most likely #2
2) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

rishio
02-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Your probably right with #2. But #3 could be that it was patented by honda?

One question - what's the tallest a person can be to sleep flat in the new xb? if I fold all the seats flat, would I be able to lie flat in it? Or if I went into refresh mode? I'm 5'6" and in refresh mode the old xb was just an inch or 2 too short and the back wasn't flat.

toyotatodd
02-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Your probably right with #2. But #3 could be that it was patented by honda?

One question - what's the tallest a person can be to sleep flat in the new xb? if I fold all the seats flat, would I be able to lie flat in it? Or if I went into refresh mode? I'm 5'6" and in refresh mode the old xb was just an inch or 2 too short and the back wasn't flat.

Sounds like a road trip is in order

jthistle
02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Looking at the center console in the xB2 I don't think I will fit. I am 6'6" and with most cars my right leg gets pinned between the center console and the steering wheel, this makes driving painful or on some cars I can't touch the pedals. I really love the xB1 because the center of the dash does not jut out leaving me with the kind of room I would otherwise find in large SUVs and trucks.

Notacop
02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I have issues with leg room as well, even in the xB1 my knee hits the bottom corner of the center stack. Spacing the front seat up about 1" (longer bolts+washers) helped alot, but I still have issues.

Not many cars have enough leg room, I wish the seats would go back a couple more inches. There would still be plenty of legroom for rear seat passengers. Hopefully the new xB2 allows the seat to go further back.

NotAllBad
02-24-2007, 04:48 AM

It does. The front seats DO fold flat, flush with the backseat. Push both front seats forward, remove headrests, and recline. . 4 thick pillows, a couple comforters and you're set. I know because I've been sleeping in my xB with my gf for a month. I'm not homeless, My house never sleeps so I just park in the garage. close the door and sleep in absolute blackness and relative peace.

Its very comfortable.

rishio
02-24-2007, 04:52 AM
i went to the scion dealership and did recline the front seats all the way.. The problem is that I can't lay flat.. my feet hit the glove compartment. The backrest on the backseat doesn't allow you to sleep flat. Do you sleep sitting up?

dgHotLava
02-24-2007, 12:36 PM
i went to the scion dealership and did recline the front seats all the way.. The problem is that I can't lay flat.. my feet hit the glove compartment. The backrest on the backseat doesn't allow you to sleep flat. Do you sleep sitting up?
take the headrests out of the back seat and flip that down...should be flat from the front to the hatch...

NotAllBad
02-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Actually, it depends how tall you are. If you're 5'8" or taller, you would def be touching the glovebox w/ your feet with the backseat up. I'm only 5'7" but I'm able to stretch out all the way. The pillows do prop you up a bit, but at least you can sleep in various positions. It's too bad the backseats don't recline and slide like in the xD. :lalala:

dgHotLava
02-25-2007, 12:27 AM

Actually, it depends how tall you are. If you're 5'8" or taller, you would def be touching the glovebox w/ your feet with the backseat up. I'm only 5'7" but I'm able to stretch out all the way. The pillows do prop you up a bit, but at least you can sleep in various positions. It's too bad the backseats don't recline and slide like in the xD. :lalala:
the xD rear seats are cool (straight out of the rav4) but they don't reclone flat...they would fold forward for that...

rishio
02-26-2007, 05:25 AM

I'm 5'6" and wasn't able to stretch out flat without my feet interfering with the glove compartment. I'm hoping that the new xb gives me an inch or two of length so that I can actually stretch out in the front flat when the front seats are reclined. If I still can't do this in the new xb, hopefully I'll be able to at least lay flat when the back seat pushed down..

A picture would be great!

dgHotLava
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM

I'm 5'6" and wasn't able to stretch out flat without my feet interfering with the glove compartment. I'm hoping that the new xb gives me an inch or two of length so that I can actually stretch out in the front flat when the front seats are reclined. If I still can't do this in the new xb, hopefully I'll be able to at least lay flat when the back seat pushed down..

A picture would be great!
while the new xb is a foot longer...most of the new space seems to be under the hood and in the trunk area...but i think there is a lil bit more for the seats...will just have to wait for the auto show to find out...

x98ford1
03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if the xb2 has improved legroom in the passenger side front seat? That was one reason we didn't go with the xb first-gen

redneck69
03-18-2007, 06:05 PM

I'm looking at these interior pictures and thinking the same thing. The current xb has an excellent view, I'm wondering how bad this blind spot will be in the 2nd gen xb.

dgHotLava
03-18-2007, 06:10 PM

I'm looking at these interior pictures and thinking the same thing. The current xb has an excellent view, I'm wondering how bad this blind spot will be in the 2nd gen xb.
can you see out of the current xB rear qtr windows???

there is no more a blind spot in the new vs. the old.

actually, the all around view should better. it is bigger and has bigger windows...

dudehitt
03-18-2007, 07:08 PM

can you see out of the current xB rear qtr windows???

there is no more a blind spot in the new vs. the old.

actually, the all around view should better. it is bigger and has bigger windows...

what "she" said. I know I can't see out my rear quarter windows, expecially if I'm moving.

jennay
03-19-2007, 11:58 AM
what "she" said. I know I can't see out my rear quarter windows, expecially if I'm moving.

Now thats funny right there ... she :silly:

Romanova
03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Corolla CE called and they want their interior fabric back...