View Full Version : Any info on Prices yet??

jorez
02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I may be putting a deposit down on one wthis week and was curious if anyone had any more info on the actual price this will go for...besides the price of a current tC or +1500...if so, that is almost 17K without any finance or tax......oy!!

scionofPCFL
02-13-2007, 01:42 PM
not yet.

jorez
02-13-2007, 03:02 PM
poop! :tap:

Mickie3
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
poop! :tap:

Ditto! Am trying to get the local Scion dealer to let me pre-order one now. Wife wants auto and silver, easy nuff, or so I thought. :nope:

After putting off an entire model year (no 2007s), I was thinking that the dealer would want to get a list together and sell the new xBs asap. Oh, well, will let you know when they get back with me re: deposit and order.

BTW, the Scion dealer I am talking with has NO new 2006 xBs in stock. (There are 4 Scion dealers in the metro area, but this one is closest to me.)

BrianRichardson
02-13-2007, 03:27 PM
My local Scion dealer is telling me August or September before they receive the new xB. Could be because they still have plenty of '06's. No word on price.

scionofPCFL
02-13-2007, 03:37 PM
My local Scion dealer is telling me August or September before they receive the new xB. Could be because they still have plenty of '06's. No word on price.

Truth of the matter is that they have no idea. Could be anywhere from end of May to begining of August.

You can't order one right now. There's nothing in the allocation pipelines, and there won't be for awhile (see above). If you talked with the scion manager, you should be able to give them your info and they should be able to call you as soon as they get any word on what's happening.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-13-2007, 08:29 PM
They are taking orders here in the NorthEast. I have good word that they new box should be hitting the shores late March or early April. These will be in a very limited supply as Scion plans on rolling out the xB2 at a regular pace mid to late summer.

jorez
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM
They are taking orders here in the NorthEast. I have good word that they new box should be hitting the shores late March or early April. These will be in a very limited supply as Scion plans on rolling out the xB2 at a regular pace mid to late summer.

Right, but any word on cost???

BrianRichardson
02-13-2007, 09:19 PM

The price won't matter, with limited supply till mid summer, early adaptors will get gouged as usual.

scionofPCFL
02-13-2007, 09:22 PM

The price won't matter, with limited supply till mid summer, early adaptors will get gouged as usual.

Uhm, gouged? could you elaborate?

06B0X
02-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Midwest - Mid-April

Mom is on a list and the dealership and regional scion manager know what she wants. I made sure she's dealing with a split delearship so she can get the car quicker.

I plan on knowing ASAP when the MSRP is announced so my mom can get the financing taken care of.

Would it be rude of me to have her get the navi (financied) and not get it installed so I can put it in my xB? *snicker*

v1_Rotate
02-13-2007, 10:17 PM

I though Scions were sold pretty much with pure pricing. Is that not the case?

CBSIMONSEZ
02-13-2007, 10:25 PM

Considering that Mr. BrianRichardson has only been here for 2 days ... you really cant blame him for spewing what he doesnt know.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Considering that Mr. BrianRichardson has only been here for 2 days ... you really cant blame him for spewing what he doesnt know. Up till today Scion was still using the pure pricing that they have used for almost 4 years now.

scionofPCFL
02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I really wanted to open up with a "are you new here?" But I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

BrianRichardson
02-14-2007, 02:13 AM

Considering that Mr. BrianRichardson has only been here for 2 days ... you really cant blame him for spewing what he doesnt know. Up till today Scion was still using the pure pricing that they have used for almost 4 years now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! The xB2 has me very excited about the possibility of becoming a Scion owner. So I went to my local dealer yesterday and was told not to expect any deliveries of the new xB2 until August or so. He also said that some new models are sold with dealer added equipment when they first arrive. So maybe I shouldn't call it "gouging", just added value.

toyotatodd
02-14-2007, 02:23 AM
I'll be dropping a $300 refundable deposit down for one tomorrow. My dealer said the first shipment will be in April ish. So far he has 2 other deposits.

This will be my 1st Scion 2. I have been exited Since November. Kind of over it and would like a road trip or 2 to get it out of my system.

He did not get specific about price, he just said that it will be close to ye ol xB

murfnut
02-14-2007, 04:13 AM
I plan on buying the Teal one. Need to see the list of upgrades and pricing to see how much I will add. Might wait to see what the first RS looks like first. I have a Toyota now with 120k miles that runs like it has 30k. Toyota makes great reliable cars.

kdepew
02-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Toyota has been making alot of cars with recalls and issues in the last couple of years. Hopefully the new Scions will be reliable cars, but the Toyota name does not equal quality. Maybe since they are actually made in Japan, they may be good. Toyota needs to get back on track and start producing quality cars again. If they lose their reputation of quality (and they deserve to be losing it to a degree given their issues over the last couple of years), then they will be losing their most appealing aspect.

rishio
02-14-2007, 06:21 AM
I'm on the waitlist for mine. I've heard that the prices and info will probably be released in April and the xb in May.

UnFocused
02-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Ive had a deposit on one since 1/1/07- my dealer called last week and said the xB is released 5-15-07!

AND they should have a trac car ( the one that toyota sends them as a demo) about 3 weeks before that!

06B0X
02-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm on the waitlist for mine. I've heard that the prices and info will probably be released in April and the xb in May.

Well the MidWest Scion Regional Manager told the sales lady my mom is working with the new ones should start arriving mid-April but who knows whats really true.

Ok so since I'm reading so many people have pre-ordered I wanted to make sure my mom wasn't 15th on the list. She's #1 at a dealership that was invited to Chicago and only the top 145 sellers were invited. The sales lady said she'd like to have the car April 24th when my mom is flying home from Texas so I'm hoping that can happen.

scionofPCFL
02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Toyota has been making alot of cars with recalls and issues in the last couple of years. Hopefully the new Scions will be reliable cars, but the Toyota name does not equal quality. Maybe since they are actually made in Japan, they may be good. Toyota needs to get back on track and start producing quality cars again. If they lose their reputation of quality (and they deserve to be losing it to a degree given their issues over the last couple of years), then they will be losing their most appealing aspect.

don't let the media hype get you in a lather. Toyota DOES mean quality. The growth issues are a concern for Toyota, but let's keep this in perspective, shall we? If you make 1 mistake out of 1000, you're doing pretty good right? Well if the next year, you make 3 mistakes out of 1000, still doing well right? Well, you tripled your mistakes, so that isn't good, but when your closest competitor averages 10 mistakes out of 1000, and the middle of the pack is making 145 out of 1000, I guess it's still pretty good, eh?

Djbombsquad
02-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Do you think the price will be close to the older xb?

bB2NER
02-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Prices should be up around the tC or more. Prolly 17K base.
My wife actually likes the new xB so we may get a base one for a daily driver/beater. It will help me keep miles off the real xB. :clap:

The_Sciontologist
02-18-2007, 05:24 AM
My wife actually likes the new xB so we may get a base one for a daily driver/beater. It will help me keep miles off the real xB. :clap:
nah I say under 16K for the 5spd

CBSIMONSEZ
02-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Me personally, i like how you bash the color choices on the other thread. Then bash the car on a different thread ... now you can comment on how much the new box will cost, huh? Man, you should run for President of the United States. He cant make up his mind either, and when he does, he doesnt stick to it any way.

WheelSee
02-18-2007, 05:24 PM

Me personally, i like how you bash the color choices on the other thread. Then bash the car on a different thread ... now you can comment on how much the new box will cost, huh? Man, you should run for President of the United States. He cant make up his mind either, and when he does, he doesnt stick to it any way.

CB,

be careful mentioning the president and comparing him to other people I did that in another thread and got a finger wag for attacking a person

SleeperXB
02-18-2007, 05:34 PM
this is a car site. i don't believe making something into political is very necessary unless it's in a topic that talks about politics. but here we are in a thread about prices and someone makes a comment about the president.

ElChupacabra
02-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Pricing wont be available to the public until about a week before the cars hit the ground. I talked to the corporate office about it yesterday. I was just as mad as they were about the delay in pricing....

CBSIMONSEZ
02-18-2007, 07:56 PM
this is a car site. i don't believe making something into political is very necessary unless it's in a topic that talks about politics. but here we are in a thread about prices and someone makes a comment about the president.

You dont get much sarcasim or sattire down there in MD do ya?

WheelSee
02-18-2007, 08:02 PM

You dont get much sarcasim or sattire down there in MD do ya?

some do...some don't it's a crazy state!

-wC

The_Sciontologist
02-18-2007, 09:21 PM
indeed it is

ElChupacabra
02-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I think people from Maryland are awesome....

jdanielstC
02-19-2007, 07:45 PM
looks like we are all getting diff ino...

i was told

1. april release
2. pricing to be close to that of tC base - ergo 16K to start...

so eseentially, I'd be paying the same thing monthly on the xB...

oh, an I want those tv's so bad...

CBSIMONSEZ
02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
looks like we are all getting diff ino...

i was told

1. april release
2. pricing to be close to that of tC base - ergo 16K to start...

so eseentially, I'd be paying the same thing monthly on the xB...

oh, an I want those tv's so bad...

Be prepared to pay for those TVs. Its from Scion, and they are notorious for marking up their own aftermarket.

Skylab™
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I got my '05 xB in May of '04

vintage42
02-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Prices should be up around the tC or more. Prolly 17K base....
The xB2 has similar specs to a FWD Element, which has a starting MSRP of $19,000 + $600 destination charge.

WheelSee
02-22-2007, 09:31 PM
The xB2 has similar specs to a FWD Element, which has a starting MSRP of $19,000 + $600 destination charge.
I got my '05 xB in May of '04

I'll take two random quotes for a thousand Alex...

-wC

ScionEyes
02-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Maria, 06BOX~ as soon as I get information on the prices for our region I will call you! I know there will be a slight change in desitnation charges, but other than that, I PROMISE to let you know when I get the email from corporate...

Notacop
02-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Any idea when that email may be coming? Even ball park or are you guys in the same boat we are?

ProjectFusion
02-23-2007, 02:58 AM
well my deposit went in today to.

Djbombsquad
02-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Deposit for how much?

CBSIMONSEZ
02-24-2007, 01:19 AM
I got it from Scion Corp last night at the NYC PreVue event that the release has now been pushed back yet again. Here in the NorthEast the release is now slated to be the end of April. Its like a knife straight to the heart .... LOL

Notacop
02-24-2007, 01:20 AM
At the chicago auto show everything said may 07. Not sure how april is having it pushed back...

ScionEyes
02-24-2007, 01:39 AM
oh can't wait to see what you do with this box jason.... Are you coming back out to play with us scion owners ?

i am not sure but we got polled on our thoughts of what hub caps we wanted.. I said screw the hub caps i want to see the price of it first... for all we care, send them with the steelies to kep the price down.. lol

not sure about when the email will be coming... i will post probable the same time darren gets the info.. or it will come out while i am on my way home and then i don't get to it till the next day.. lol

CBSIMONSEZ
02-24-2007, 01:50 AM
At the chicago auto show everything said may 07. Not sure how april is having it pushed back...

I had it from people that the new xB would be released end of March this year, and that was back in August of last year. That is how April is being pushed back.

ScionEyes
02-24-2007, 01:55 AM
http://upload6.postimage.org/408974_436e638f65bbd755d1872b3f2e1c9722/hubcaps2008xb.jpg

ProjectFusion
02-24-2007, 03:06 AM
oh can't wait to see what you do with this box jason.... Are you coming back out to play with us scion owners ?

HAHA Yes and no. The Scion is being used for my Planet Smoothie so it will get a complete wrap put on it. I'm defiantly planning on coming out to events again hopefully I can work to get some local ones back up and going.

toyotatodd
02-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Deposit for how much?

They asked me for $100. I'm like, that's it?
I ordered over the phne telling them the color, airbags and manual (wife will drive)

The rest will be taken care of a week or 2 b4 the car shows up. They said they would call me for a test drive.

ScionEyes
02-24-2007, 10:29 AM
i love being the inventory manager! I order what I want I get what I want! god i am spoiled!

CBSIMONSEZ
02-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Its not like im going anywhere else to buy a new car. Scion has got me by the b_lls and they also have my $500 deposit. LOL

after seeing the xB2 again 2 days ago ... im in head over heals all over again. Must be the Golden Pear Paint.

dgHotLava
02-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Its not like im going anywhere else to buy a new car. Scion has got me by the b_lls and they also have my $500 deposit. LOL

after seeing the xB2 again 2 days ago ... im in head over heals all over again. Must be the Golden Pear Paint.
licking the door handle and claiming it as yours was a bit dramatic, don't you think???

Milhamscion
02-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I heard late april when I was in Chicago. It's gonna be just a trickle for the first couple months or so.

CBSIMONSEZ
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM

licking the door handle and claiming it as yours was a bit dramatic, don't you think???

Must have been that VDubbs commercial a couple years back. That or the alcohol. :lalala:

tokelat
02-28-2007, 06:07 PM
haha i went to the dealership here in bakersfield california and i was like yeah so whens the xb going to come out and the guys like ... i think they discontinued the xb and the xa ... and I was like are you serious? and he was all " yeah they are coming out with the xd " and I was like yeah but they are going to have the second gen xb ... and he said I could swear they are going to discontinue it ... and then after convincing him that the xb was going to still come out he said somewhere around mid september ... what a dumbass haha i know more about the new gen scions than he does :loser: