Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

website reviews

Old 01-08-2012, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default website reviews

ok im constantly finding different websites that have different products and often wonder how good the site is so what i want to do is start a review post to get everyones experiences good bad and where they get there stuff

Edit: i think this should be a sticky to stop many threads of website reviews and i will take all sites and alphabetize and put a star system so if you want to do a star rating for the sites it would help

Auto anything *****
Auto Barber ****
Bean Garage *****
CustomtC*****
DDM Tuning *****
DT9Designs *****
Enjuku Racing: *
Fastscions *****
HIDextra *****
JSC Speed ****
NuRspec ****
Red line Goods*****
Superbrightleds **
TB Performance:*****
TWMperformance***
VLeds.com ***

this is what ive got from yall thus far let me know if anyone agrees or disagrees with it

Last edited by WellesleyScion; 02-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bean Garage - Ordered Clazzios. Awesome communication and just an awesome buying experience. Covers even came a couple weeks early. I really recommend going through bean garage and will do so whenever I can.

JSC Speed - Ordered Weapon-R SRI. They shipped UPS ground instead of 2 day that I ordered. i called customer service and they refunded all of my shipping. Great service, no complaints.

NuRspec - Ordered GGP Motor mount. Great communication and quick shipping. Would buy from again.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

JSC Speed - Ordered Weapon-R SRI. They shipped UPS ground instead of 2 day that I ordered. i called customer service and they refunded all of my shipping. Great service, no complaints.
and that could always just be a slight mix up if they have alot of business

i think this should be a sticky to stop many threads of website reviews and i will take all sites and alphabetize and put a star system so if you want to do a star rating for the sites it would help
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^*2
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone ever used hidnation

kits are only 35 i feel like these could be cheap but it says they are wholesale so idk
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by devanb3
anyone ever used hidnation

kits are only 35 i feel like these could be cheap but it says they are wholesale so idk
I vote super cheap. As you know from the book I wrote you before, I researched HID's for months before I got some. It seems you get what you pay for.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know a couple people who go pay the 199 for HIDs but from my experience the 59.99 35w and 79.99 55w from hidextra work just as good if not better ive never had a flicker with my old ones
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by devanb3
i know a couple people who go pay the 199 for HIDs but from my experience the 59.99 35w and 79.99 55w from hidextra work just as good if not better ive never had a flicker with my old ones
Oh I am not saying that the less expensive one won’t do the job, I have cheapo's too! I am just saying that if it seems too good to be true it probably is. You may get a year of use out of them, but anything more is unheard of from what I read. I figure if I get 9 months out of mine, I will break even.

Back on topic:
CustomtC.com : Great customer service, very fast shipping, but vinyl products are cut from a very cheap, thin grade of material. Other than that, if they come out with more stuff for the Gen2 that I want I will buy from them again.

dt9designs.com : Great customer service, very fast shipping. Informed me that the product I wanted was not in stock BEFORE I purchased, unlike some companies would/have. Vinyl quality is unmatched. <---- You get what you pay for here!

TWMperformance.com : Product is phenomenal, customer service is terrible! Shipping is painfully slow. They will say (if you can get ahold of them) it is because it comes from Canada. "How did I get my shift boots from Poland that shipped almost two weeks after; first?" was my question. I was not notified that the SS was out of stock before I ordered, even though they advertised the same day on this forum that they had them. I am not the only person who will tell you they do this often.

Superbrightleds.com : Great prices, mediocre products, and bad customer service. It’s a long story, and I know some people would disagree with me, but I won’t order from them again. Ever.

Fastscions.com : GREAT customer service, reasonably fast, and smartly packaged shipping. Answered emails about product inquires at 11pm!

That is all I feel like doing right now, but I think this is a great thread! Good idea man.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Druidiron
dt9designs.com : Great customer service, very fast shipping. Informed me that the product I wanted was not in stock BEFORE I purchased, unlike some companies would/have. Vinyl quality is unmatched. <---- You get what you pay for here!
they STINK!

stink of awesomeness
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TB Performance: http://tbperformanceproducts.yolasite.com/

Purchased X brace and Trunk Brace
Danny is great, and although he is just the little guy starting out right now, his customer service and products are top notch

DDM Tuning
: http://ddmtuning.com/

Purchased HID Slim 35w Kit
Danny and Chris were really cool and do a nice job. The HID's come with a lifetime warranty and the kit was only 40 bucks. I picked it up because I am their nextdoor neighbor

Also had a lot of luck with http://www.Autoanything.com , they always have sales of 10-15% off and usually free shipping but I havent bought anything from them for the Scion yet.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fastscions.com : GREAT customer service, reasonably fast, and smartly packaged shipping. Answered emails about product inquires at 11pm!
They are ridiculously good.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Enjuku Racing:
Ordered by XXR 522's in bronze from them. One week later, still haven't heard anything. I started trying to call them, and after 3 days of calling I finally got an answer, and they told me that the rims were out of stock, and it would be months before they ship. She said that if I switched them to gold, they would ship the next day. Another week later, sill no update. After another 3 days of calling I finally got ahold of them agian. They said that the rims had not shipped yet, and they would inform me once they have. Another week passes, still no update. They answered the first day I called this time, and they said that the rims had just shipped, and they gave me a tracking number. I tracked the shipment, and it said the destination was Summerville SC...... I live in Florida. After dealing with Fedex for 2 hours on the phone, I found out that Enjuku gave them the wrong address, and it had to be rerouted to me. Finally, 29 days after I ordered my rims, I recieved them from Fedex.... with a reciept taped to the boxes from NextLevelMotoring.com for $20 less than I paid. I will NEVER order anything from Enjuku ever again. The only positive out of the entire experience was that I'm happy I changed my order from bronze to gold, I saw some bronze rims the other day and I didn't like the way they looked. They looked like stripped metal.

1* Rating

AutoBarber.com
Ordered my Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood from them. Placed my order online on the 29th, recieved the shipping number on the 1st, and the delivery date is scheduled for tomorrow the 10th. For such a large packing being shipped freight, and was over the holidays, I say they did a pretty good job. Had no contact with any employee, so I can't give feedback on that. I will say that they have the hood listed at a fairly low price. If all goes well tomorrow, then I will be satisfied with their service.

4* Rating
Old 01-11-2012, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just ordered new hids from from hidnation.com ordered at 6:30 and 45 min later I received a tracking number and confirmation of shipping
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

v-leds.com excellent customer service. Great product. always have sales going on. Fast shipping.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

+1 for DDM Tuning. I ordered my HID's from there based on the reviews on the forums here and no problems at all. I paid a little extra to get them shipped up here but it was worth every penny. No extra customs or duties charges either. Included detailed tracking all the way from China to my door step through EMS and Canada Post.

devanb3, you might want to work on those website links in your OP.
DDM Tuning
Would have the following php code:
PHP Code:
[b][url=http://www.ddmtuning.com/]DDM Tuning[/url][/b] 
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dm1336
devanb3, you might want to work on those website links in your OP.
DDM Tuning
Would have the following php code:
PHP Code:
[b][url=http://www.ddmtuning.com/]DDM Tuning[/url][/b] 
If there was already a link attached I just copied it but I'll change it later
Old 01-19-2012, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

******EDIT******
******So, I am adding this today because I got a refund and a pretty convincing apology from VLeds about the mix up. I have to admit that they were the "bigger man" in this situation, and I do feel kind of bad for writing them such a hateful email. In my own defense I was half expecting them to do me like Superbrightleds.com did, so I went in with the gloves on, instead of being a rational adult. For that, I will increase my rating of them to a 2 of 5, because they at least gave me a refund in a very timely manner without having to threaten contacting the BBB.******

New, bad review incoming!

VLeds.com: I seriously have nothing good to say, which is sad because they were highly recommended... Placed an order a little over a month ago. Never came, never recieved a tracking numer, nothin. I contact them and they tell me that when I made my profile on thier site, I did not add my street number, just the name. I am 99% sure I did not create a profile, but even if I had and did forgot to put numbers, why did they not get my info off PayPal? Also, why in the world did they not say anything?!? The next day after I had to contact them, I get a tracking number early in the morning, and amost 3 hours later I get anouther email saying the item I ordered is out of stock...

The only single good thing I can say about them, was for out of stock items they do give you the option of a refund; but judging by the email I sent back, I may have to fight for my refund. (Fine by me, I have plenty of email traffic to back this all up).

This was my reply email:

I never made an account on your site. I usually avoid doing that if it is possible, but just pretending that is what happened, why could you not get my address from my PayPal information? Furthermore, why did I have to contact you about it a month later; as in, why did I not get an email as soon as the "error" was noticed saying you needed that information? I realize I am not going to get a straight answer to those questions, so let’s move on to my new questions...

I got an email today saying the package had a tracking number; 2 hours later I get another email saying it is out of stock... So which is it?
If the item is out of stock, then I would like a refund immediately. I do not like doing business with any company that either lies to its customers, or is too lazy to look at PayPal info. Had you just said the truth, which is, you either have seriously lazy and/or illiterate employees, or that my order was simply over looked for a month, I would have been fine with the second option. People make mistakes and that is very understandable. But first you lie to me, and now the product may or may not be out of stock? I will search different companies for the product I desire.

Thank you.

Last edited by Druidiron; 01-19-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Update
Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

redlinegoods.com - Awesome product. I thought shipping took a bit long but they have to make it and it is coming from Poland. Their stuff is great and well made. I am about to order the rest of their products for the interior sans the shift handle.

5*
Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fun173
redlinegoods.com - Awesome product. I thought shipping took a bit long but they have to make it and it is coming from Poland. Their stuff is great and well made. I am about to order the rest of their products for the interior sans the shift handle.

5*
If you get the door inserts, let me know before you put them on. MightyP did a pretty good job with most of the instructions, but the part where you have to "drill out" the rivits...is a bad idea. There is a better, easier way that I didn't figure out untill I got to door number 2.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you get the door inserts, let me know before you put them on. MightyP did a pretty good job with most of the instructions, but the part where you have to "drill out" the rivits...is a bad idea. There is a better, easier way that I didn't figure out untill I got to door number 2.

I definitely will. Thanks. I was just looking over the instructions and the drilling part was a bit worrying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: website reviews