Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...
View Poll Results: Norwalk Toyota Sucks?
YES, They suck
76.92%
NO, They are OK
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

DEALER B*LL SH*T - Trying to Resign me on Contract

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DJ_X_Trodinaire
Originally Posted by jdavid
I hope they repo your ___ for $55. I wouldn't give you fricken keychain.

what dealer are you from?
ill make sure i wont send anybody over there

j/k
I apologize :oops: That was rude of me to make those comments. You're not cheap. Sorry
Old 06-19-2004, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do I suddenly have this urge to sing Kumbya? LOL

BTW 7red7, good suggestion on buying early in the day if there is any quesiton at all about loan approvals. In most cases, we can get an approval in 30 to 60 minutes if we get the application in before 3:00 in the afternoon. I had a customer with a bankruptcy and a 640 beacon approved in 10 minutes this week. The better dealers don't make questionable "spot" decisions, but sometimes we just guess wrong.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Contract isn't binding

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're contract is meaningless. You signed the contract, but the other party, TFS, did not. Dealers specifically do NOT sign contracts for just this occasion. Take a look at your contract very carefully and you'll see that your is the only signature on it. You need to re-sign or they can repo the car.

BTW, someone stated that the dealer might make some money on this rate. TFS specifically created a flat fee for Scion -- no rate mark-up or participation. Not true at Toyota, but true with Scion. So, the rate is what the rate is. Same goes for Toyota special rates (like 0% or 1.9% or whatever).

FYI
Old 06-28-2004, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Contract resign I got the same request

My fiance and I bought our xB and then two weeks later the dealer called up saying we needed to resign since TFS sent back the contract saying it was wrong and they needed to adjust it. Lucky for me the dealer took the loss and I gained just over a couple gees savings for their mistake so it looks like I got most of my options for free. One thing to note is that before signing the new contract they gave me another piece of paper to sign that stated that since the the first contract was void I had the right to refuse to sign the new one and return the car to them but if I signined it I agree to the new contract terms. The paper also stated that if I choose to return the car the dealer would have to give me my down back plus any trade-in and if the trade in was sold that they would give me the trade in value back in cash. I guess thats why the dealer took the loss so that I wouldn't return the car since a couple of gees is better then how many more they would have lost if they had to take the car back . You should check for that clause when you go to resign. I'm in Cali so I don't know if it differs where you are
Old 03-28-2005, 08:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same thing happened to me. i waged war inside the sales floor with potential buyers watching. within a few minutes they put that my down payment was about $350 more than what i gave and it covered the extra .4% they raised my rate. sounds like Toyota stinks at customer service and contracts
Old 03-29-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionxR
same thing happened to me. i waged war inside the sales floor with potential buyers watching. within a few minutes they put that my down payment was about $350 more than what i gave and it covered the extra .4% they raised my rate. sounds like Toyota stinks at customer service and contracts
It's not a Toyota Customer Service thing, it's not a Scion thing. This happens in every dealership across the country all the time. This is why at the
dealership I work at if there is even the slightest chance that the deal isn't going to be approved the customer doesn't sign any paperwork until it is.

And how did .4% charge you $350 more? How much were you financing?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-13-2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Awarded 15 Yr Badge
Old 05-13-2021, 06:02 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up