Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...
View Poll Results: What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?
Drove past a dealership that had them
5.88%
Saw one driving down the road
5.88%
Magazine or Newspaper ad/article
14.71%
Someone you know bought one
2.94%
Radio/Tv ad
0%
Came across it on the internet
29.41%
Other
41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?

I heard someone talking about how bad the Scion radio ad is and it got me thinking...
What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?

I remember that I originally saw people talking about Scions a few months ago in an Element message board when I was contemplating getting an Element, but I thought nothing of it and didn't investigate what they were talking about. It wasn't until 2 months ago when I saw one on the road that got me into the dealership.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw how the cars were practically loaded right out of the box. such a value
Old 09-20-2003, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

The mag i found them in was Options wagons from japan. Then seeing them as a
concept car i was done.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i was gonna get a Corolla cause it was reliable and i could afford it....

my dealer suggested i check out the Scion's online before coming in and when i saw the xB, i was a goner!

went down the next day and bought it!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Friend of mine had some tuning mag with an article about the Scion's in it. I think it only had a pic of the xB and I was like "I don't care how cheap it is and how it's made to be modded, it's ugly!" Then a few weeks later I saw an xB on the road and it reminded me, so I started researching Scion stuff online. Now I own an xA =)
Old 09-20-2003, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member

I had known of the bB for a while, but never knew much about it, aside from it being popular in Japan. I then the Scion version at the LA auto show, and kinda liked it, then saw them on display at Anime Expo, and liked it more, then, while in the toyota dealership the other day, to look at a Prius with my family, I remembered about scion, and wanted to check them out. As soon as I got inside the xB, I was sold. Now, I'm just waiting for some financial stuff to clear up, and I'll get mine, which should be about two months.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Saw it at the LA auto-show and kinda knew then that I'd want to get it. That was way back in January and I've been following it up since then. I joined the Official Yahoo Scion Forums and then when dealers started announcing pre-orders a month or 2 from release, I went and called and made my order
Old 09-21-2003, 09:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default My "lil bastard"

I saw it in a magazine called Stylewagon (some of you know exactly what I'm talking about )... It was in the bargain bin for only $3 at a japanese magazine shop, so I picked it up and immediately knew this is what I want... (being a compact wagon) I kept running across insane fixed up bB's and thought Toyota made the nicest wagon's... that was in 2001.
Then after hearing they are coming over, then seeing online, then seeing at carshow, I knew thats what I wanted, and that's what I got !
Old 09-22-2003, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm not in the dealership YET. But I found out about the scion while browing Edmunds.com 3 months ago. I was looking in their list of lowest priced hatchbacks and I saw the xA and the first thing that went through my head was, "now that's a stylin' car." You definitely don't need to pay big to have a car with some sweet lines. I can't wait for 2004.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member

My husband the "techie" saw it on Tech TV, then a few days later we were at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and , well, it was like a magnet for me. I had to get in it, play around, listen to the sound system and I was hooked. We returned home from our weekend there and bought one 48 hrs later.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Seen it at a auto show, wanted one and never expected to get another new car. Then my 86 GTI didnt start one friday afternoon. Went down on saturday early and left with it by 4pm.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I saw the "concept" in various car mags & instantly liked it. I read about the official specs for release and realized that it was a great bargain + style! When my CRX need some major repairs, I decided this was the way to go! I went into the dealership knowing I was buying this car, and I did!
Old 11-05-2003, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member

yeah me too.. i had seen the concept online a while ago, and i kinda forgot about it..
( how embarrasing.. i was actually thinking of buying an ECHO cuz it was cheap... gawd am i a girl or what!!!! hahahahaha)
but i saw an xA on the road about 2 months ago and i freaked out and when to the dealer to check them out... and i saw the xB. and it said ... you WANT me.... take me home!
so i waited and read all the reviews and everything online.. but when i test drove one i was in love!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yup, saw the concept scions at the moscone center last year, and was thinking, "you know, i wouldn't miond having that car."

squirrel
Old 11-05-2003, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default when i fell in love

i saw my first scion at a sav-on by my house, and i was like""what the hell kinda kar is that"", it was a stock polar white one,,then i was like""that car is just screamin"""someone pleeeese put some 20" rims and exhaust on me so i can be kool""...then i went on line and did a search and found the website....i liked the xb but my wife didn't....she wanted a matrix....so we went to the toyota dealer to look at the matrix, but they were like 18,ooo for a pretty much stock one....then i got my wife to look at the xb and we drove it round the block and she was sold...mostly on the price...for the price of a stocker matrix, we got a fully loaded xb with 19" rims exhaust and all the goodies
Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wanted a small, sporty, cheap wagon type thing.

I knew about the xB, but wasn't in love with it.

I figured they would be hard to get and the prices would be jacked. I also thought it would be too small and underpowered for me. I more or less ruled it out.

Then I found I wasn't really 100% happy with any of the other choices. I was very close to getting a Mazda 3i, which I like, but I hated the idea of another sedan like every other car and the fact there was no wagon utility to it. The 5 door Mazda 3 is fugly and more $ that i wanted to spend, so I was kind of stuck.

I stopped at Toyota on my way home from work just on a whim and was shocked-- they had like 20 xb's on the lot. I looked them over and was like "Hmmm..." but they were all automatics until I got to the end of the line.

A white xB with a 5 speed.

White was my first choice for my next car and I just DON'T drive automatics period. I don't want an automatic, I don't even want to drive YOUR automatic.

So I figured WTF, I'll test drive it just for the hell of it.

I did and I was like at how it handled for looking like a milk crate and :D about how willing and peppy the engine was. It was fun as hell to drive.

The salesman wasn't pushy, was very chill and when I saw all the features and the interior and heard the price AND that the "pure pricing" thing. I was like

After 3 months of indecision about a car, I bought that xB right there on the spot. I knew it was the car I had been looking for and I almost missed it right under my nose.

I was in and out in like 45 minutes with a loan and car insurance and temp tags. The car was mine. No haggling or BS. Easiest car purchase EVAR. I've gone through more hassle buying a TV.
Old 03-09-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I saw one over the summer on a street in downtown philly and was really intrigued. Then rolled into the toyota dealer to drive a tundra double cab, and liked the scion.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think I saw it on a spikeTV show that was summarizing a SEMA show or something.. they mentioned the name, I looked it up online and saw I could get one in a month, so when Feb rolled around I went to the dealer that supports the local hockey team (Go Jackals) and banged one. Maybe twoooooo...
Old 03-09-2004, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member

No one for a hundred miles around owns one and I live in Putnam County New York, you can imagine the looks and the comments I got. But when I took it up one of our many steep hills and she coasted without any effort I turned to the salesman and said "SOLD". Should be a real eye catcher when I hit the beach this summer too!!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I needed a car cheap, this is the only one I didn't hate. my next option started at 35,000 so it was easy.

That and SEMA

Quick Reply: What got you into a Scion dealership to buy a Scion?