Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

gen1 XB in Boston

Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM

Default gen1 XB in Boston

I've got a gen1 XB in Boston. Love it. I joined this forum because I'm on a quest for an aftermarket sunroof. So I'll be posting a thread about that soon.

If I'd known 6 years ago I'd still have this car, I woulda painted it gumby-green long ago! But for now it's still stupid forest green.

-gumby
Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the site gumby, thanks for joining us!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Welcome to the forum. When I purchased my first new xB in 05 I had a sunroof installed before I took delivery. It was an inbuilt style (slid into the roof) made by Webasto/Hollandia. I absolutely loved it. Never had any leaking issues with it, either. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the headliner was "soft." The center of the hard headliner card was cut out for the frame and mechanics of the sunroof, and when reinstalled the new fabric was stretched from the center to the edges. From what I know the spoiler type sunroofs do not have that issue.

I'm sure if you check out Webasto: Heating, cooling and roof systems from the world market leader you can find authorized installers in your area.