Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

New Member In Columbus Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:57 AM

Default New Member In Columbus Ohio

Hello all,

I'm the owner of a new to me 2008 Scion tC. I acquired it January 19, and the primary driver is my 16 year old son.

I found this forum because I was searching for some detail on P0441 & P0455 codes. I purchased a new gasket for the gas cap, based on recommendations I found here, but the codes ceased within a few times of fueling it up before I could replace the gasket. I'm attributing those codes to it sitting on the dealer's lot for a couple months, causing the existing gasket to deform and not seal properly.

I also had someone back/slide into the front and crack the bumper a few weeks ago. For that I picked up a pre-painted after market bumper on Amazon, which turned out to be quite the match.

Following the bumper incident, my son also hit a nasty pot hole, or something, destroying the front passenger side tire and bending the wheel beyond repair. He was really wanting some black wheels anyway, so we used that opportunity to pick up some Enkei wheels he liked, and spend some $$$ he was saving for wheels. I haven't explored all of the forum yet, but if there's a place to buy/sell, I will be listing one of the unbent 2008 OEM wheel in the days ahead.

Not much else to write at this point, but thanks for reading and please reach out to me if you think there is anything I can give back to the forum/community.

All my best,
Paul
Old 03-29-2015, 05:58 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Pleasure hearing from you pjpjr. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it
Old 03-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum! You've definitely joined the right place - this site is a great resource, full of useful information and inspiring ideas. Feel free to ask any questions!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome. You should find what you need here.