Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

New xD owner here... a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New xD owner here... a few questions

I just drove off the dealer's lot this afternoon with a 2014 xD. I had to get a new car because a trucker did a PIT maneuver on my xA two weeks ago and totaled it. I had a dashcam running at the time and so caught it on video. You can view it on Youtube here if you want to see how a Scion holds up against a tractor trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbT0...ature=youtu.be

I bought it new in '05 and it never gave me the first problem. All I ever did to it was change tires, battery, one belt and brakes. I like the xD but there are a few issues I need to address.

First, this car only has one 12v accessory outlet and it sits in directly in the way of the cup holder. I have a dashcam, GPS and I like to charge my phone occasionally so I need a minimum of three. Anyone found a way to add 12v sockets without it looking trashy?

Secondly, I love my cargo net. I have used the crap out of my cargo net. Is there anyway to use a cargo net in an xD? All I see in the hatch are two tie down loops on the floor. Huh? I've been driving hatchbacks and SUVs for 20 years. I have never needed to tie anything down. I have, on occasion though needed to keep loose items from rolling around. What are the designers thinking? Anyone know how to use a cargo net in an xD since there are no 'hooks' in the hatch to attach it to?

Thirdly, I've researched this car and one of the chief complaints are the odd sized tires. I love the fact that it has 16 inchers but I understand when its time to replace them they can be a tad hard to find. Can someone explain to me the issue or direct me to a thread?

I've added several mods to the xA and expect to add a few to the xD. I hope to find some mod ideas here. I appreciate any feedback from experienced xD owners and hope to offer some of my own in the future. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Great to hear from you mdhyre! Welcome