Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Potential New tC Owner

Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 AM

Default Potential New tC Owner

The time has finally come to trade in my E46 325xi and after looking at multiple options (I was also considering a 2016 WRX but they have been selling out before they even hit the showroom floor)... I'm considering a 2015 tC as a new daily driver.

To be honest, I'm not really expecting much out of the car. The dealership does not have any manuals in stock and I have my doubts about the auto trans holding up with a turbo kit... but I guess you have to make a compromise somewhere, especially if the car is going to be your daily source of reliable transportation.

Now you might ask, why would you consider a car you are not expecting much out of? Well to clarify the context, my "fun car" is a Supercharged E46 M3 that makes 430rwhp on a mustang dyno with pump 93 and 560rwhp with methanol. One of the few downsides to owning such a car (as you might guess), is that everything else feels slow...

I might try to hold out and order a manual though. Can anyone give me an estimated time frame if you went though a similar situation?

Also, please don't think I'm dissing the tC in any way. It's a great budget platform and I think many people would agree that it's often more fun to drive a slow car fast. I'm just coming from a different platform with far different tolerances before you have to start worrying about something breaking. That's all!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the site Mpwr, thanks for joining us!