Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

warped door panel after tint job

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 07:54 PM

Default warped door panel after tint job

Hey guys! Im new here... Was wondering if anyone has ever experienced what im going through. I have a 2006 Scion TC. Brought it to a local reputable Auto shop for a tint job. The day before my apt. they called saying their machine was freezing after printed each window and they wouldn't have time on Saturday, so asked if I could come in that day. Well I made arrangements, dropped it off and an hour later they called to say it was finished. Seemed kind of quick to me. Well I picked it up they explained that it will take up to a week for all the bubbles to disappear. Next day sitting in the car and I notice the edge of the door panel where the window rolls down was lumpy. Very noticeable when your sitting in the car eye level. Well I took it back to ask about a "finger bubble" is what they call it (assuming because its a long narrow bubble) Which he fixed and explained it was due to them using a lot of solution to clean the windows in the summer time. Then when I asked about the door without hesitation he said it wasn't them, looked like a factory defect. I told him I had just dusted my car the day before bringing it in, and it was fine. (I'm very OCD and I notice EVERYTHING!!) Anyways he said he doesn't take off the door panels and if he did and sat it in the sun for example he would have no problem buying me a new one. I didn't argue. Well when I got to work I popped off the top part of the panel to make sure it was on the door frame correctly and the plastic part under the material that covers the panel was warped!! idk what to do. Be honest if im being too picky. I just know that it wasn't like this before. Could it be the water solution they use to clean the windows that warped it? I mean it has chemicals in it and if they it doesn't get wiped off right away or it sits there too long it could have. Any input would be appreciated. Don't know if I should make a big stink to the auto shop or if this could have been me cleaning with amoral. Ugh
Attached Thumbnails warped door panel after tint job-273.jpg   warped door panel after tint job-279.jpg   warped door panel after tint job-280.jpg  
Old 07-28-2015, 09:55 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to the site sgetchius143, thanks for joining us!