Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

1st Gen Scion TC Key FOB help

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:51 PM

Default 1st Gen Scion TC Key FOB help

Hi,

I don't know if there is a thread that answers this question already but I am kind of in a time crunch and any help given is appreciated.

So my girlfriend broke the plastic casing on my TC key FOB and I need to get another one as I am trying to sell my TC. The key still starts the car but I have to pinch it together.

Anyway long story short, I went to the dealership to find out about a replacement and they want to charge me 250.00 for a replacement(200 for FOB and key, 50.00 for programming) Now I don't know about anyone else but I think this is ridiculous. So I found a guy on ebay that has an OEM Scion TC FOB that is still in the package from Toyota, even matches the same part number that Toyota gave me and is selling it for half the price.

My problem being the Scion dealer says they won't program or cut the key for me because I'm not buying it from them, even though its the same part.

Is there anywhere else I can take it to get the key cut and programmed? Has anyone else had a similar experience? I live in Houston, Texas.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.