Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

My xB was broken into!!!! Latest News as of 3/15/04

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My xB was broken into!!!! Latest News as of 3/15/04

Well it was this morning, I went to my xB around 7:30am getting ready for the El Toro show..
I sat in my car and noticed glass all over the car. They shattered my passenger window, and tried to pry my scion 6 disc radio, all they ended up doing was destroying my bezel and demolished my radio. They took the radio's face of it and left the radio guts. They stole my digital camera, tools, and my $3 glasses. these guys even took my Scion First Aid Kit and my ash tray! They must of been amateurs because my Scion emblems, my expensive Oakley sunglasses, and some new cold cathode lighting still i the box were not stolen..
the funny thing is, when i turned on my car, my radio plays KROQ. My radio face is gone.. I cant control the volume, change station or listen to one of my 6-CDs i can see inside the radio..

I called the Sherrif and they arrived in 5 minutes. They said my area normally does not get an inceident like this, but last night they hit 4 cars in my neighborhood!

I went to the car wash and took me almost an hour to get all the glass out.
I ended up going to the El Toro show because Kendo wanted me to get my mind off and not let it waste my day. Thanks Kendo.. I had a good time at the show. I was looking for people from Scionlife only met a few.

I guess i will be at the dealer all day on Monday. my xB is sleeping now in a garage with the window taped up until Monday's operation...I called the dealers in my area and no one has stock on xB window, stereo, or bezel..but i need this fixed, i cant wait anymore...if anyone can help me on this.....um....Verone !

I had to add links, the pics r too big

http://members.***.net/inazuma2/images/DSC00015.JPG
http://members.***.net/inazuma2/images/DSC00016.JPG
http://members.***.net/inazuma2/images/DSC00039.JPG
http://members.***.net/inazuma2/images/DSC00040.JPG
http://members.***.net/inazuma2/images/DSC00041.JPG
Old 02-08-2004, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, that was you?
I was the guy who met his friend at the 76 station and I ended up parking next to you.
Sorry again to hear about your car being broken into.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionaraxb
hey, that was you?
I was the guy who met his friend at the 76 station and I ended up parking next to you.
Sorry again to hear about your car being broken into.
Yep thats me alright...sux becaue i will always be remembered as the guy with the broken window and stereo

Thanks for your condolences

I had a great time at the show..it was fun meeting all kinds of cool people ..take care man.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

That sucks man... I hope no one ever decides that it's a good idea to break into my xB... Because then I'd go to prison for hunting them down and murdering, cutting open their mid-sections to let their entrails spill onto the pavement, then replacing the intestines with salt and lemon juice while they are still alive. Then I would mutilate the bodies once they had finally expired from the agony filled hell I would put them through.

Old 02-08-2004, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to hear about that Inazuma. Hope things work out for the better.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Dude! That totally sucks man... :? hope it all works ok...
Old 02-08-2004, 08:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Don't worry...what goes around, comes around :twisted:
Old 02-08-2004, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

just when u think a new stock car is safe..

*sigh* stupid theives..
Old 02-08-2004, 09:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate thieves. They will definately catch a bullet.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn ..... That is a shame that folks would steal from someone else, that really ____es me off .....

I guess their are low-life scums out there, ya know !

Good luck on getting her back togther .......

I was going to pass on the alarm system for my Lava, but now I better get it protected ....
Old 02-08-2004, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks. i was walking around checking out all the cars and my g/f and i saw an xB with the whole faceplate missing. we were wondering what happened, but i feel bad.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

#*%$!@ blankety-blank thieves! The turds think "Oh, he has insurance", but they aren't thinking that most of us have a $500 deductible and can't afford to replace what was stolen. Bah, they wouldn't care anyway. Sorry to hear about what happened. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default r u

are you going to do an insurance claim?
Old 02-08-2004, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: r u

Originally Posted by Djuan
are you going to do an insurance claim?
Ya, i have a $100 deductable....i have to call the estimator on Monday to meet me at the dealer because they are closed on weekends..i guess i will spend all day at the dealer.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikonXone
that sucks. i was walking around checking out all the cars and my g/f and i saw an xB with the whole faceplate missing. we were wondering what happened, but i feel bad.
yup...if it was a polar white, that was my baby.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man... i saw your car. i recognized it as someone from the boards, and i was wondering what the hell happened.

i hate it when people break into cars. the worst thing is that they messed up your dash and didn't even make off with your deck! i see it all the time, damn amateurs. (they should know that toyotas are bolted down with brackets.)

do you really, really like the indash six? personally, i'd rather just replace it with a nice aftermarket deck. if they actually cut you a check to replace it, i'd do that.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by o4 USDM bB
man... i saw your car. i recognized it as someone from the boards, and i was wondering what the hell happened.

i hate it when people break into cars. the worst thing is that they messed up your dash and didn't even make off with your deck! i see it all the time, damn amateurs. (they should know that toyotas are bolted down with brackets.)

do you really, really like the indash six? personally, i'd rather just replace it with a nice aftermarket deck. if they actually cut you a check to replace it, i'd do that.
yah that was mine...i was hoping no one would notice it

I really like the indash 6. I can put about 150 mp3 on 1 disc times 6 discs. get around 900 songs. and i love the color changing screen.

Yeah they were amateurs, at least i still have music set on KROQ
morons...it is more of an inconvenience. i have to miss work and wait all day at the dealer. Oh and i have to buy a new digital camera.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by o4 USDM bB

You think replacing the stock option unit with a nicer aftermarket alternative will help him any?

If anything, it will attract even more thieves!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry to hear it man. Some people are such dicks. I hope they get what they deserve.

I had my apartment broken into a few months back, and the bastard stole my roomates and my cell phones, wallets, some small stuff that isn't really worth anything, but had some sentimental value, and my girlfriend's hearing aids. I mean, seriously, what kind of sick bastard steals hearing aids?

The ironic thing is, those were the only thing really worth anything (it would cost her like $2000 to replace them, and she doesn't have insurance to cover it so she hasn't had them in months).

I know how much is sucks to have stuff like this happen, but I"m glad you kept your head up high and went to the event anyway.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SoCalbBox
I hate thieves. They will definately catch a bullet.
my condolenses, Inazuma, i definitely have bone to pick with @ssholes what have the nerve to take with out proper compensation to the owner.

i never could understand why people try to steal stock equipment

Quick Reply: My xB was broken into!!!! Latest News as of 3/15/04