Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Windshield Problem 2014 Scion tc

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Windshield Problem 2014 Scion tc

This may seem like a noobie problem at first glance when reading this issue but I assure you it is not.

So my windshield is fogged up, constantly... Yes, I know. Turn on your defogger.

So what is happened with the windshield is that there is a very specific area that it seems to be consistently fogging and it is in the bottom left corner (driver side) when looking from the inside where the Toyota manufacturing imprint is. I have tried using the defogger with and without the a/c and manipulated the temperature so that is would match the outside temperature and not create more condensation and still nothing.

When I was observing the defogger it seemed that the opening for the fan only covered the center of the windshield and would not even reach the area that its fogging. so long story short I just use a micro cloth to wipe it down... not a big deal right? well for a new car it seems a bit strange to have a ventilation issue so I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem.

I noticed the other day that no matter which setting I put the vents on (direction) it seems to always be coming out of the driver-face vent. not sure if that has anything to do with it but sometimes when the specific corner of the windshield gets worse than usual I can also see a small built up in the same cornered area but on the passenger side.

I will eventually take it in since it is clearly under warranty still but I like to get an idea if I can fix it myself or if it is a common problem with cars these days.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your car is new. Go to the dealer and complain!