Notices
Photography & Video A place to discuss and display cameras, equipment and photographs.

Flickr Finds!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

This makes me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonidzerda/4003273528/
Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

nice shot, great lighting
Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i LOVE old random/funny polaroids.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

$10 says everybodyin that photo now has skin cancer.ha ha
Old 01-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 01-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Old 02-07-2010, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i need to recreate something like this
Old 02-11-2010, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroenbuitenhuis/3496156297/
Old 02-26-2010, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

um... why are you guys posting other ppl's photos? i understand ur applauding their work but i certainly hope you guys are at least asking for permission from the photography if you can share their photos

not trying to be a dcik but im sure you all understand where i'm coming from...
Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the worst part is, most of you dont even give credit to the photographer...

you guys think its ok to just copy the link and post images... NOT COOL
Old 02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Once you post something on the internet it becomes public domain. All photos are copyrighted in some form or fashion. Some are given Creative Commons license so you can use them in publications and other media. The issue is using someones else's work for profit or putting your name on it claiming it's yours. Neither of which is going on here, since the whole purpose of the thread is "stuff you find on Flickr," further acknowledging the fact that the work belongs to someone else.

Now as far as linking back to the author, Flickr asks that you do that. You're really supposed to use the full HTML code when you post a photo but this forum does not allow you to use HTML in posts.

If you feel like someone is being hurt by fellow photographers applauding their work, then by all means don't participate.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
Now as far as linking back to the author, Flickr asks that you do that. You're really supposed to use the full HTML code when you post a photo but this forum does not allow you to use HTML in posts.

If you feel like someone is being hurt by fellow photographers applauding their work, then by all means don't participate.
then i guess that is my problem with it then... the fact that scionlife can't support html functions then shouldnt we still find a median for their rules and our capabilities such as crediting the photographer in each photo... just because we cant do what they ask does not mean we can completely ignore their rules as we are actually using their site to link from.

you mention that we are here to applaud the artists' work yet most do not even mention who is being applauded nor credit is ever given to the artist. how is that applauding an artist work?!

respectfully, i feel that if we are to "applaud" an artist, we should at least let it be known who the artists are... the least we can do.

I dont think that's too large of a task for someone already posting the image on this thread. Unless you feel that it's entirely too of a task much to ask for.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionarra
then i guess that is my problem with it then... the fact that scionlife can't support html functions then shouldnt we still find a median for their rules and our capabilities such as crediting the photographer in each photo... just because we cant do what they ask does not mean we can completely ignore their rules as we are actually using their site to link from.
I stated to link back to the photostream in the OP, but most people just go to the last reply in the thread and never see the request. I can separate it out of the paragraph and add it to the thread title to make it more clear.

If people follow that simple rule, then great. If not, then I know how to manipulate the link to get back to the original photostream. However, don't expect it to be some instantaneous thing as this is not a high traffic thread that's constantly at the top like the DSLR thread.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow...
Old 02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
I stated to link back to the photostream in the OP, but most people just go to the last reply in the thread and never see the request. I can separate it out of the paragraph and add it to the thread title to make it more clear.

If people follow that simple rule, then great. If not, then I know how to manipulate the link to get back to the original photostream. However, don't expect it to be some instantaneous thing as this is not a high traffic thread that's constantly at the top like the DSLR thread.
i understand that not everyone would read the OP but rules must still be enforced... just bc its forgotten does not mean it should be ignored. i'm sure that mods that can raise hell for someone threadjacking can take some of his time to remind ppl of the rules.

as far as you changing the posts to correct it, that shouldnt be your job! that should be the responsibility of the poster to know how to post properly and if they dont then they shouldnt participate or they should read the rules before they do so... its not your responsibility to clean up for them

you're a mod not their mother
Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think you got your point across in your first post... You're making this seem like the end of the world if someone doesn't link back.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Editing their post isn't that big of a deal to me. If they don't post the link what am I going to do give an infraction? No. I don't believe anyone does it intentionally. People just don't take the time to read, which is why I'd bet a third of the posts on this site are repeats because people didn't bother to read.

This is a sub-forum for admiring art work and discussing photography. And this is a thread to show examples of what you find to be an appealing photo. Same thing as having a favorites list. There are about 6 thousand photos uploaded to Flickr every minute. I don't think anyone believes that when they post something that the only place it will ever be is Flickr. The issue is when someone is profiting or claiming that someone else's photo is theirs. And like I said above, neither is occurring here.

Quick Reply: Flickr Finds!