Notices
Photography & Video A place to discuss and display cameras, equipment and photographs.

Help ID this Scion in CCTV footage

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:30 PM

Default Help ID this Scion in CCTV footage

This footage is from my sister's home security system in Vancouver, WA. This guy tried to set her house on fire. Luckily they were awake inside and smelled the smoke in time. My mom, sister, niece, and nephew were inside.

I thought I'd come here and join just to get the enthusiasts' opinion of this car with very little dark imagery, but maybe someone here can recognize the light signature of the vehicle and make a positive ID.

I thought it was an Xd by the hubcap, but the slope of the windscreen looks like a 1st gen Xb.

If you happen to live in the Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR area and recognize this guy, you will be a hero. Arson is not cool. I know it's a big ask, but if you can post the video on all your social media outlets, that would be outstanding. You don't know me, but I'm doing all I can to figure out who this guy is and put him in jail.

We don't know if this is random arson or a personal vendetta. My sister doesn't recognize the man and doesn't have any enimies, but there was a string of random arson attempts in the area, and this could be one of them.

Thanks,
Kevin McDowell
Old 07-27-2015, 07:09 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what no pictures or video?!
Old 07-27-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by jct
what no pictures or video?!
I tried to post a youtube link. It shows on my computer as an embedded video.

Youtube user: Jesse James
Title: "Do you recognize this man?"

Published on Jul 24, 2015
Please help us identify and catch this arsonist. He set fire to our home and fence, while two children were inside sleeping. The quick actions of their mother saved the house and most likely lives. Please call the Arson Tip Line at 360.607.7991 or Vancouver, Wa Police with any information.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:46 PM

I've been looking at Scion pictures all morning and I think it's a 2nd gen xB.
at 0:10 sec. you can see a single low tail light on the driver's side.
at 1:05 the front hubcap is illuminated pretty well and is a 2008-2013 xB hubcap

I was thinking that a group of people that are totally into these cars might be able to make a positive ID.

If someone with more posts than me can post this video in the PNW regional forum, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to blast this video everywhere I can hoping that someone recognizes this dirtbag.

-Kevin
Old 07-27-2015, 09:34 PM

$10,000 reward if you can ID this guy.
Surveillance video catches possible Vancouver arsonist | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon