xB2: Guaging interest: 2008 xB, black, manual, 182k+miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Guaging interest: 2008 xB, black, manual, 182k+miles

Two weeks ago, my xB fell victim to the excessive oil consumption issue and now needs work in order to run again.

From the shop: "So your car has a damaged intake camshaft caused by lack of oil. When we received the car we noticed the car was 3.5qt low on oil, we topped off the oil level, however the noise from the engine and rough running persisted. We heard the noise from under the valve cover and upon removal of the valve cover noted there is a part of the camshaft that has come loose. In this situation we would recommend to replace the cylinder head assembly simply because we aren't sure if there is any further damage done to the hydraulic lifters, the valves, or the other camshaft and bearings. The recommended repair is to replace the cylinder head assembly. During this repair it is also recommended to replace the water pump, spark plugs, most of the fluids and other small components."

They've quoted me $2600 to get all that done. Since I've already bought a car to replace it, I'd rather just sell it, as-is. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I am located in Irvine.

Thanks.

Albert

Last edited by mrlaypo; 02-14-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM'ed you.