Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Regional - Desert & Salt (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-desert-salt-1619/)
-   -   Does Chronic Car Audio SUCK? Looks like some locations do.. (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/regional-desert-salt-1619/does-chronic-car-audio-suck-looks-like-some-locations-do-85503/)

Garage1217 12-28-2006 11:23 PM

Does Chronic Car Audio SUCK? Looks like some locations do..

Funny stuff, they are worse than I have heard and figured... Looks worse than the $1 wire fire.

http://chroniccaraudiosucks.com/scr/default.aspx

RBasil 12-28-2006 11:51 PM

I went into Chronic once (and only once). The "manager" of the shop walked up to the FHC right when I pulled in and said (and I quote)

Him: How much do you get paid for driving it around?

Me: Nothing, I do it to bring remembrance to our fallen heroes.

Him: If I had that design on my car I'm sure I could con someone into paying me to drive it around.

Me: Your a dumbass (Then I left)

Garage1217 12-28-2006 11:52 PM

Yeah sounds about right.

RockBlocker 12-28-2006 11:56 PM

That sucks

MTcX 12-29-2006 12:09 AM

I know the know some of the guys down there at different locations and I would say that there are two sides to every story.

I will let them defend themself on here though since I don't know all the details of the incidents

Garage1217 12-29-2006 12:12 AM

Sounds good :) I just saw that link from one of my audio forums I frequent, thought I would share it with the locals

MTcX 12-29-2006 12:21 AM

knowledge is power so aint nothin wrong with posting that link. I just hope people dont judge too quickly

Garage1217 12-29-2006 12:24 AM

Of course! People need to make there own opinions.. Still cannot see how they did $5K worth of damage to that GTO... looks like a crappy job and they need to replace that seat.. that is about it...

MTcX 12-29-2006 12:37 AM

now that i look at that GTO $5k of damage does seem pretty steep when the only damage they could really claim is the seat being stretched.

Frozenpeaz 12-29-2006 12:37 AM

Sup guys,
I figured this is a good time to finally post somthing here, I browse alot of the local custom/audio sites in AZ, figured its time I finally post.

Im a manager for chronic car audio in Tempe.

Let me start by saying that no car audio shop is doing what were doing in this valley. 3 years and 6 locations so far with 2 more on the way. We have been nominated by car audio magazine as top 50 retailers in the US (the only shop from AZ btw). Also were the largest volume dealer for many of the products we sell. So considering the numbers of volume alone, its natural that 1% complaints or problems will arise.

As for that site, the guy with the GTO started it just to complain. We even settled with him out of court even thou his complaints were very false. The gentleman with the older chevy, its an old car.. old cars have problems, the brakes failed. Its not like my installers go out joy riding. And our insurance company has taken care of that long ago.. so his claims of not paying him are also false.

In the long run the site is almost a compliment. Every major retailer in america has some sort of hate site IE bestbuysux.org. Google any major retailer and you will find a group of people that dont have much of a life and decided the best thing to do with there day is make a website to complain. I feel like the site kinda shows that were bigger then just the single store we started 3 years ago.

That being said. Were #1 in this valley for a reason. Best prices, best service, really best overall of any shop in town. But just like any company you cant rate the whole company based on one employee. Most employees that act the way you described above, dont last very long here. How many times have you been to walmart etc and had one bad employee? Do you hate the whole place over it? Humans are funny, catch even the coolest guy on a bad day and you will get a very bad impression. Doesnt mean hes always that way, just when you deal with the volume of people we do, your bound to catch that 1% of people that get upset. Also its alot easier to complain then to compliment ,again human nature.

Well thanks for reading my little post, ill get off my soapbox now. Anyone that ever needs anything for there scions or any vehicle for that matter feel free to contact me at the # on my sig, I guarantee satisfaction.

Ryan "Cowboy"

RBasil 12-29-2006 12:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up Ryan, and just for the record it was not the Tempe store I went to.

Frozenpeaz 12-29-2006 12:49 AM

no problem, btw I do love what your doing with your car, and its an awesome idea, have you seen the older lady that drives around with all the signatures of vets/soldiers? I dont know what kind of car but its older and easy to spot usually in mesa. Very cool lady, i have good friends in Iraq and love to see the support people give.

Tito_Cruz 12-29-2006 12:56 AM

WOW! I love that response...quick and to the point. Great job!

RBasil 12-29-2006 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Frozenpeaz
no problem, btw I do love what your doing with your car, and its an awesome idea, have you seen the older lady that drives around with all the signatures of vets/soldiers? I dont know what kind of car but its older and easy to spot usually in mesa. Very cool lady, i have good friends in Iraq and love to see the support people give.

I've heard about that signature car but have not had a chance to see it yet. Thanks for the Kudos on the FHC bro, the whole Scion community here came together to create it.

dagarhart 12-29-2006 03:19 AM

He is write. You cannot own a successful business without having someone try to make it look bad. The saying goes something like this:

1% that have a terrible experience and tell 100% of the people they talk too.

99% that have a wonderful experience tell 1% or less of the people they talk too.

I like to think that is not the way the Scion community is, but that as Ryan says, "that is human nature".

Frozenpeaz 12-29-2006 03:23 AM

Well put dagarhart and a very true statistic.

RockBlocker 12-29-2006 03:30 AM

agreed...

Crispyxb 12-29-2006 05:16 AM

Chronic still sucks. They broke the plastics screws on my passanger door. They didnt hook up both subs. They mounted my amp in my cubby next to the spare tire and tore the foam all up to do so. Then my amp over heated in there, so I asked them to relocate it and they wanted to charge me $30. I will never do business with them again. Just cause a manager of a company comes on here and posts, doesnt mean I am gonna kiss a$$. I dont care what he says, They still did a CRAP job on my stereo. And destroyed stuff. They are all about the money. Their costumer service is crap. Only reason they are a top 50 retailer, cause 95% of people dont know a damn thing about car stereos, so they dont know they are getting crap, for the cheap price that they are paying. I got suckered. I learned my lesson. They got my $500. So they dont care about me anymore. Specially when I needed them to fix something they did. "Lets charge the costumer for their mistake." Thats retarded. Okay I am done.

Crispyxb 12-29-2006 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Frozenpeaz
. Google any major retailer and you will find a group of people that dont have much of a life and decided the best thing to do with there day is make a website to complain. I feel like the site kinda shows that were bigger then just the single store we started 3 years ago.

Ryan "Cowboy"

Okay I am not done. See this my whole point about people at Chronic. You think that people who complain about them on a web site dont have a life. Yeah thats "PROFESSIONAL: , So it doesnt sound like it only one employee. And if I meet a employee at wal mart that is rude or what ever, No I dont hate wal mart. I do have a problem when I put my biggest investmest in a professionals hands and they dont give a crap about it and just rip through your car cause they want to go home or go to lunch. At the same time I sit and wait will they screw around for 2-3 hours before they even get my car in. And not one car was in the shop. Chronic is only about make as much money from the uninformed clients they draw in by having cheap crap for cheap prices. :tap: :tap:

dagarhart 12-29-2006 02:52 PM

I understand where you are coming from Crispy, and in my opinion, they should not charge to move it and they should have offered to pay for the broken screws and the foam. But the placement should have been agreed apon prior to the install. They should have told you exactly what could happen and what was going to happen. Just my opinion.

But generally speaking, most people do not give praise for a job well done. Heck, in my job, it would be nice for someone to call my manager and tell them I did a great job. But in my job, as long as I do not get complaints, I am doing a good job. That is the way IT works. Heck, I would just like to see a decent raise once in a while

Anyway, the point is that people scream when there is something that is wrong louder than those who compliment based on a job well done. Anyway, JMHO