Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/)
-   -   Rear leg room question.... HELP! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xb-1st-gen-owners-lounge-1602/rear-leg-room-question-help-5630/)

xCHRISx 06-01-2004 10:50 PM

Rear leg room question.... HELP!

Interior Civic Corolla xB
Front Headroom 39.8 in. 39.1 in. 46.1 in.
Rear Headroom 37.2 in. 37.1 in. 46.6 in.
Front Shoulder Room 52.6 in. 53.1 in. 48.7 in.
Rear Shoulder Room 52 in. 53.5 in. 50 in.
Front Hip Room 51.2 in. 51.9 in. 50.7 in.
Rear Hip Room 49.8 in. 46.2 in. 50.6 in.
Front Leg Room 42.2 in. 41.3 in. 44 in.
Rear Leg Room 36 in. 35.4 in. 31.6 in.

Hey guys... I just got this info off of edmunds.com and it seemed kind of odd that the xB has less rear leg room than the corolla AND the civic. is it a typo? I'm trying to get a comparo together for my wife so we can make an "educated decision" on which car we should purchase (i.e. how I plan on brainwashing her into getting an xB). Thanks in advance!

JDMxB 06-01-2004 10:54 PM

Scion.com says 31.6 for rear leg room...which is VERY odd, considering how people make a big deal about how much rear leg room the xB has...I highly highly doubt those other cars have as much leg room, as my xB has more leg room in the rear than my gf's 04 corolla.

Maybe they took the measurements differently, because it's flawed to me.

ShadowMage 06-01-2004 10:56 PM

Definitely a misprint/type/whatever:

Max. Front Leg Room, in. 45.3
Min. Rear Leg Room, in. 38.0

(According to Consumer Guides, Yahoo Autos, and several others including Scion.com itself)

ABTsportsline 06-01-2004 11:01 PM

those are some whack numbers - take them with a grain of salt.

The corolla actually has the smallest back seat of the bunch.... the civic is ok, a 6-footer can fit back there comfotably, and the scion..... well, lets just say the xB's back seat rivals the 7 series BMW in terms of space. Take this from a 6-foot 3-er and his family!

-ABT-

06-01-2004 11:03 PM

I say take your wife to a couple of dealerships (if she'll go - my wife is very hesitant to set foot on a lot :wink: ). I showed my wife the xB and sat in the front, adjusted the seat and then got out and showed her how I fit in the back (there is definitely more room in the xB than the other cars you're considering). I had about 6.5 to 7 inches of space between my knee and the back of the driver's seat. I'm 6'1".

Then I sat in the Corolla. When my knee hit the bottom of the steering wheel (wheel was adjusted as far north as it would go), she saw that I didn't fit well and that space would be an issue and told me to forego the Corolla and it's 38 mpg, and go with the Scion, because it had more room. :P

Was I disappointed in the outcome? No way. I wanted the Scion and have been trying to convince her it was the vehicle for us... errr.. me. Since she'll have a larger vehicle for her and the kids and I need a good commuter car for work... :P

xCHRISx 06-01-2004 11:19 PM

thanks guys.... it didn't seem right to me seeing as everyone comments on the cavernous rear seat area. I actually sat in a couple Toyota Corp xB's (including the one with the rear disc conversion and the Blitz s/c) and the back seat room was nothing short of incredible. On the other hand, I haven't been in a newer Civic or Corolla and according to those numbers was wondering what the hell they did with these two cars to surpass the xb's room. Thanks for dispelling the misinfo for me.

scionxbny 06-02-2004 01:32 AM

No way, and xB has way more legrrom than those cars. I've had the CIVIC and I've also driven the COROLLA enough to know it's not even close. The xB has a ton of room in the back.

fended 06-02-2004 02:08 AM

Dude the rear leg room on this car is out of control. It is much more comfortable than my previous car a 4-Runner. I am 6' tall so I drive with my front seat all they way back and I fit perfectly in the rear seat behind where I would sit.