Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   Does anyone have an Eagle Eyes or Anzo USA Headlights? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/does-anyone-have-eagle-eyes-anzo-usa-headlights-84669/)

NightShade 12-20-2006 03:56 AM

Does anyone have an Eagle Eyes or Anzo USA Headlights?

I have the Eagle Eyes projector halo headlights and was wondering if anyone has these or ones made by ANZO USA.

Have you tried putting HIDs in them?
Are they safe for HIDs?
Do you think the projectors can be replaced with TSXs without damaging the CCFL Halos?

Thanks all, I want a better field of illumination and distance, so im asking about hids and new projectors

KINGxOFxSKA 12-20-2006 04:03 AM

The "Eagle Eyes" are the same ones from Anzo.

Anzo does not reccomend putting HIDs in their headlights, but it has been done before on a lot of their products on other cars.

chrischoi 12-20-2006 04:13 AM

they don't reccomend it? bah

SquallLHeart 12-20-2006 04:14 AM

:eyebrow:

they're good enough that you don't need it.

NightShade 12-20-2006 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
:eyebrow:

they're good enough that you don't need it.

I dont know, I dont like the beam much, its like two arcs of light and they combine in the middle to from a beam. Its I dont know, not illuminating enough.

I'ld like to know where i can get bulbs for them that fit. I had a H7 i got from the seller for free to try and it did not fit. it was too big. What wattage would you all recommend to be safe? I think its like 51w onnthe actual headlights. I want 6000K lights but not a wopping 100w output. Also doesnt hids produce less heat than halogens?

BigMURR 12-20-2006 02:10 PM

They don't make the headlights to fit the 9006 size bulb?

I would go 35w for hid, if your going that route and Im pretty sure they burn hotter.

I have 8000k on the stock housing and I like that how bight it is but hate how the housing directs the light. maybe if there were a projector out there that uses the 9006 bulb that I could get...

NightShade 12-20-2006 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BigMURR
They don't make the headlights to fit the 9006 size bulb?

I would go 35w for hid, if your going that route and Im pretty sure they burn hotter.

I have 8000k on the stock housing and I like that how bight it is but hate how the housing directs the light. maybe if there were a projector out there that uses the 9006 bulb that I could get...

i dont think there are any projectors that takeany 900 anything bulbs. But you can use the factory harness for any H size. Like mine came with an adapter using the stock harness.

But Im gonna look for some 51-55w 6000K bulbs for my projector and hope they dont blow. I have the high gauge wires also, but my last pair started to melt where the bulb and harness meet.