Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   LED tail light install, now blinkers won't work (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/led-tail-light-install-now-blinkers-wont-work-206482/)

AnotherDude 08-17-2011 07:55 AM

LED tail light install, now blinkers won't work

Just like I said, installed the spec d led taillights from k2 motors and now my turn signals won't work. Front, side, tail, all not working, the hazards won't go either. I don't even get the clicking.
:( I'm thinking a blown fuse. Any suggestions or guidance?

Thanks!

twitchion 08-17-2011 03:26 PM

i just installed new tail lights too, here's what you gotta do.

1st, check your fuses
then your going to have to try a ton of combinations with the lights to get them to work. whatever you do on one side, you have to do to the other. it has to complete a circuit to work

take both lights and get the brakes to work first. thats the easier step to do.
then try plugging in the other plug in, try the lights, if no go, flip the plug over. try again, if no go, try another combination. keep checking fuses to make sure you don't blow it.

Good luck!

AnotherDude 08-17-2011 04:13 PM

Figured it out! Thanks for the help. It was a blown 10 amp fuse under my hood. Brakes work, blinkers work, had to insert a smaller 194 bulb into the 921 reverse light. It's temporary until I get my LEDs

AnotherDude 08-17-2011 07:13 PM

Guess it's not fixed... :( Fuse must've blown again because it's not working again....guess I should go home and check my wiring.

twitchion 08-17-2011 08:54 PM

you may need to get a higher resistor or a bigger fuse. i don't like it but you could put a 15 amp fuse in it. but to be safe i wouldn't

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by AnotherDude (Post 3894858)
Guess it's not fixed... :( Fuse must've blown again because it's not working again....guess I should go home and check my wiring.

Which fuse exactly was it?

twitchion 08-18-2011 04:03 AM

It's inside under the steering wheel. i foget the number exactly but it is a 10 amp fuse

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by twitchion (Post 3895162)
It's inside under the steering wheel. i foget the number exactly but it is a 10 amp fuse

Hmm, ok I'll look at my fuses again. When this happened did you notice if your ac controls worked at all?

twitchion 08-18-2011 02:16 PM

not really, when i put mine in i had most of the car apart. i was putting in new speakers and a head unit. i don't think i had the waterfall in

twitchion 08-18-2011 02:18 PM

your ac controls i think should not be affected by this, they're under a seperate circuit. although, your flasher control has to be plugged in for any part of your turn signals to work (found out the hard way) i'm not sure why they don't work.

just asking, but you do have your car in the "on" position when trying this right?

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by twitchion (Post 3895338)
your ac controls i think should not be affected by this, they're under a seperate circuit. although, your flasher control has to be plugged in for any part of your turn signals to work (found out the hard way) i'm not sure why they don't work.

just asking, but you do have your car in the "on" position when trying this right?

Yes. I took the waterfall out last night to look at the circuit board and I checked to make sure the flasher relay worked too. I'm still stumped on why this is happening. The dealer wants $100 just to look at it. And if it is just a fuse or relay that I am missing I dont want to take the chance of getting raped by the dealer.

twitchion 08-18-2011 04:13 PM

plug everything back in to make sure they still work

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 04:22 PM

I found a melted fuse to my aftermarket fog lights and the fuse housing is a little messed up too. But both still worked however the leads to the housing was making contact with the engine bay so something somewhere got shorted out.I found and fixed an unknown issue but the primary set of problems still remain.

twitchion 08-18-2011 05:37 PM

sounds like something else is fried

AnotherDude 08-18-2011 06:34 PM

Blinkers are fixed! Apparently if three harnesses aren't in all the way it can blow fuses. Went through 10 fuses mixing and matching the harness settings and now it's all good! Fuse was under the hood, it was a 10amp fuse for the hazard lights.

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherDude (Post 3895461)
Blinkers are fixed! Apparently if three harnesses aren't in all the way it can blow fuses. Went through 10 fuses mixing and matching the harness settings and now it's all good! Fuse was under the hood, it was a 10amp fuse for the hazard lights.

Which harnesses?

AnotherDude 08-18-2011 10:50 PM

The oem harness and the led light harness need to be in all the way.

S_rhabb, what issue are you having? I don't see you explaining that anywhere in your posts

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherDude (Post 3895590)
The oem harness and the led light harness need to be in all the way.

S_rhabb, what issue are you having? I don't see you explaining that anywhere in your posts

Oh, sorry... I didnt modify anything but one day out of nowhere my turn signals, hvac controls, power window and reverse lights all stopped working and mu air bag light is on. I check fuses and they seem to be ok. I think I might have to pull all of them out or it could be a relay that is the problem. Funny thing is my hazard lights work fine.

AnotherDude 08-18-2011 11:18 PM

Yeah, you should create a thread, your issue is completely different from what I had. Can't help, but good luck with that

s_rhabb 08-18-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherDude (Post 3895599)
Yeah, you should create a thread, your issue is completely different from what I had. Can't help, but good luck with that

Thanks