Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/)
-   -   Eagle eye headlight projector lens adjustment? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-aero-exterior-1636/eagle-eye-headlight-projector-lens-adjustment-192304/)

Dilirious 08-27-2010 08:13 AM

Eagle eye headlight projector lens adjustment?

1 Attachment(s)
Just recently bought a pair if eagle eye projector headlights for steal price. They look good and fit perfectly. But there is one problem. This:

Attachment 76312

I can adjust the up and down of course but how do you adjust the curve to be a flat line. Or better yet how do you adjust the lens?

Thanks for any information,
Jeremy

frankiietc 08-27-2010 08:18 AM

you pay for what you get right?
if you got them for a steal price then they were probably a defective product that was sent back to the business from a customer, then got sold to a person that sell headlights/rear lights example:swap meets, then sold to you.Doubt theres anything you can do.

Chrisb319 08-27-2010 08:53 AM

I believe those projectors are known to have bad cutoff.

jazfromhouston 08-27-2010 11:56 AM

I've got a pair of Eagle Eye projectors, and mine look nothing like this. I agree with the above posters... Probably nothing you can do unless you'd take them apart yourself.

tazethemonkey 08-27-2010 12:31 PM

I have a pair of eagle eyes too, paid 200 for mine. The line looks more like this for me ___/ ___/ for both lenses. You cannot adjust from left to right or the curve. Can ONLY adjust up and down. Mine are a bit offset but I'm too lazy to fix it right now and more focused on other things. Would have been nice if the projecting shapes were \___ ___/. That would have been more like actual "eagle eyes".

XD40tC 08-27-2010 01:52 PM

You'll have to open them up and design a new cutoff plate... If you can find a small piece of malleable metal you can modifiy it and jb weld it to the existing cutoff plate.

Dilirious 08-27-2010 02:52 PM

Main reason for buying them was I needed a second pair for shows and they were gonna be tinted with vht for a high shine. Was curious if I would be able to get them to look like ____ instead of __/ __/. But has anyone heard of the dealer ship able to adjust these if they happen to have the same design as the oem projectors?

jazfromhouston 08-27-2010 03:28 PM

Mine tilt up on the passengers side. The front view would be ___ | ___/
The way I've been explained to is that it's because here we drive on the right side of the road, and lighting the sidewalks,bike lanes & whatever else is a good thing. Better that it curves out on the right side than the left. I don't have any clue how the OP's could be fixed without taking out the projectors and reassembling the housing.

@Dilirious : I think you are SOL. If you don't want to ditch them or try to fix them yourself, I'd get some foglights of the same kelvin to sorta offset the curve of those lights..

Dilirious 08-27-2010 03:54 PM

^ ya that is exactly what it is like. The left is a bit lot and like you said the right side is nuts on how much it curves, when driving in the fast lane the slow lane gets lit up haha. Maybe retrofit if that is even possible for these lights.

Forced4 10-09-2010 05:30 AM

I would love it if someone that does have these headlights would take an actual picture of the cutoff. I see the one bad one, but I would like to see an example of a good one. Also, is everyone running an HID setup or standard bulbs in them? I know the cutoff on my stock 07 headlights with OE bulbs is great. When I stick HIDs in there, it is all over the place. I really don't want to spend the $400+ on OE 2008-10's if I don't have to. These in my opinion, are the best looking aftermarket lights. I like the CCFLs and the LEDs and the fact that other than that they look like they could be OE. I thank you all in advance for any pics you can post. :pray:

Koma 10-14-2010 06:15 PM

Cutoff patterns are supposed to step like that for a reason...

\____/ would basically glare the crap out of oncoming traffic.

ALL USDM spec projectors should cutoff like this
:::::: ______________
____/_____/