Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion News Forum (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-news-forum-2/)
-   -   Edmunds Comparo: Honda Fit Sport vs Scion xD (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-news-forum-2/edmunds-comparo-honda-fit-sport-vs-scion-xd-109646/)

foxSCION 07-28-2007 12:41 PM

Edmunds Comparo: Honda Fit Sport vs Scion xD

For those of you doing some R&D:

Edmunds Comparison Test: 07 Honda Fit Sport vs. 08 Scion xD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K1RiMPlSvtw

KiKaZ-tC 07-28-2007 03:07 PM

+1 for Scion!!! :clap:

06CStC 07-28-2007 03:28 PM

Good vid, nice find!

ScionCoog24 07-28-2007 08:15 PM

Always nice to see Scions getting the recognition they deserve over those dang Hondas! Hooray Scion!

zoltiz 07-28-2007 08:42 PM

8.4 0-60 - isn't it pretty much the same as auto tC?

mad-sciontist 07-29-2007 01:43 AM

SCION FTW!!!

xBster 07-29-2007 02:14 AM

Great video...I can't wait to see the xD in person

bBlover 07-29-2007 05:09 AM

xD FTW!! I've seen the preproduction model in person and if the prepro looks how it will, sign me up!! Now I can't wait to test drive it!

noservice2001 07-30-2007 01:18 AM

scion > honda... haha

noservice2001 07-30-2007 01:19 AM

i feel the stuff the xD lost... like braking- is OK since most scion owners will end up changing those out.... but not that many change out engines.... i wish it could have better cargo specs... o well

zoltiz 07-30-2007 01:35 AM

For $1K that you save by buying an xD you can get good wheels + tires + springs and improve both slalom and braking.

THE_DON 07-30-2007 04:23 PM

They lost me when they said “the xD has more standard features”

What would those be? All I can think of is the iPod plug.

The Fit S comes with a bodykit, a spoiler, fog lights, and alloy wheels (not hubcaps). All of those things are optional on the xD, and would drive the price up by the thousands.

So what “standard features” does the xD have that I’m missing?

-THE DON

shoultesy 07-30-2007 05:05 PM

xD

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ONE IN REAL LIFE! They're going to be BAD!

jrussell98003 07-31-2007 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by THE_DON

The Fit S comes with a bodykit, a spoiler, fog lights, and alloy wheels (not hubcaps). All of those things are optional on the xD, and would drive the price up by the thousands.

-THE DON

It's not the greatest comment, is it? But it's not totally untrue. According to Yahoo (not the authority for automotive information) when comparing base to base, the xD has the following standard features that the Fit does not:

-Keyless Entry
-Steering Wheel Mounted Stereo Controls
-Remote fuel door access
-Larger Engine with more power
-First Aid Kit
-Electronic Brake Assist
-Signalling Exterior Mirrors
-Front Air Dam
-Trip Computer
-Tire Inflation Monitor (does the base Fit really not have this???)
-Front and Rear Floor Mats

The merits/benefits of each of these can be argued (and I don't want to do that), and you can bring up that when comparing base model to base model, the Fit is $700 less, but I think they're pretty comparable. For me, I'm not sure which I'd choose, but probably the xD.

THE_DON 07-31-2007 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell98003

Originally Posted by THE_DON

-THE DON

It's not the greatest comment, is it? But it's not totally untrue. According to Yahoo (not the authority for automotive information) when comparing base to base, the xD has the following standard features that the Fit does not:

-Keyless Entry
-Steering Wheel Mounted Stereo Controls
-Remote fuel door access
-Larger Engine with more power
-First Aid Kit
-Electronic Brake Assist
-Signalling Exterior Mirrors
-Front Air Dam
-Trip Computer
-Tire Inflation Monitor (does the base Fit really not have this???)
-Front and Rear Floor Mats

The merits/benefits of each of these can be argued (and I don't want to do that), and you can bring up that when comparing base model to base model, the Fit is $700 less, but I think they're pretty comparable. For me, I'm not sure which I'd choose, but probably the xD.

I think they tested a Fit Sport, but compared the Base model on paper... Who knows. That comment just threw me off.

-THE DON

jrussell98003 07-31-2007 04:10 AM

It is a weird comment. It's more that they liked the standard features that it had, which are different from the standard features of the Fit. There are features the Fit has that the xD doesn't, and features the xD has that the Fit does not. Just comes down to preference.

Gsnorgathon 07-31-2007 10:35 PM

Sounds like the xD will give the Fit a run for its money, but then it sounds like the Fit will give the xD a run for its money. Here's hoping Toyota and Honda get into some intense competition to make ever more-awesome inexpensive cars!

(Though from where I sit, "bigger, more powerful engine" isn't necessarily a feature...)

Alchemist80 08-01-2007 07:25 PM

Just test drove a fit over the weekend and was very happy with it. The sport 5at even had steering mounted shift paddles. Seriously considering getting the fit but cant help but wait for the new xd to try it out.

firesquare 08-03-2007 12:05 AM

the xD is the best, and it chirps a good second!

Killa 08-08-2007 05:13 PM

I'd still get the Fit over the Scion... the Fit's a much better looking vehicle... I really don't like the designs that Scion's been bringing out... While I love the original xB, I hate the new body style, and I like the xA body better than this xD.... I don't at all care that they put larger engines in both models... still doesn't make up for not wanting to be seen in the cars. So they've taken away the better looking body and the better fuel economy.

Still happier with my Civic than with any Toyota/Lexus/Scion on the market :bow: