Notices
Regional - Islands HI, Puerto Rico, Guam

speeding ticket in hawaii help me

Old 12-31-2007, 08:06 AM
SL Member

Laws are laws everywhere. A lawyer knows the laws. Hence.....get a lawyer.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol can someone from hawaii give me a reasonable answer. say i do pay the ticket how much will my insurance go up? wat if i say not guilty and keep pushing date back more and more and the cop still shows up wat then. o yea was a biker cop that got me with a laser. can i even fight that?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:56 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Were you honestly speeding?

How fast in what zone?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was going 77 in a 55 but everyone else was going like 65-72. and i had a car on my ___ so i sped up and that car kept following. he was going same speed as me. i thought that cop was gonna pull over the car since he was a fellow biker but i was wrong once the car saw the cop he switch lane cop went after me lol. last time i got pulled over by a biker cop adn i was on my bike he just talk to me and let me go.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

77 in a 55... you don't deserve to get out of that ticket. Just pay up and accept the insurance hit. You earned it.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:38 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

deffinetly not to terribly fast, and I can admit to doing the same thing. But if I was caught, I would just man up and go pay it. Its part of what it is in life. You break the speed limit hoping not to get caught, but knowing if you do, that you must pay for the gamble.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol the cop must of been a harley fan not a crotch rocket fan wat a hater haha. i should of just kick him off his bike haha and took off.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not fair how others are speeding yet he pulls me over. hehe i bet u they do that game that me and my friends do on base. like we pick a color and type of vehicle to pull over next even if we see others making violations. hehe i usually go for the cars with the hot females. that cop must of been ___ wanted to pull a guy over.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:48 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RodC
77 in a 55... you don't deserve to get out of that ticket. Just pay up and accept the insurance hit. You earned it.
I agree!!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

While its not fair its the way it works.
And usually there is a method to the madness if its amongst a group speeding people. They technically cat profile, so they have to have a way of choosing someone.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill pay it once it show online but if its doesnt show then screw them i tried lol
Old 12-31-2007, 09:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by thispecialk
ill pay it once it show online but if its doesnt show then screw them i tried lol
Don't pay it, get a lawyer. They want you to pay it. For the love of pete....get a LAWYER.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Knightman
Don't pay it, get a lawyer. They want you to pay it. For the love of pete....get a LAWYER.
Of course they want you to pay it, its th law.

A lawyer is to protect your rights and keep you from being wrongfully convicted and to protect you.
Not to cover up the truth and get you out of something you ADMIT to doing.

HE ADMITS DOING IT. WHY IS A LAWYER NEEDED????
Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 PM
SL Member

He admits he was going 77. He does NOT admit to 'speeding.' Read his post again. He says everyone was going over 70 mph. That means that HE ALONE was not speeding. He was trying to keep from getting flattened.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not fair how others are speeding yet he pulls me over. hehe i bet u they do that game that me and my friends do on base. like we pick a color and type of vehicle to pull over next even if we see others making violations. hehe i usually go for the cars with the hot females. that cop must of been ___ wanted to pull a guy over.
man, if you think life is fair, then you're in for one hell of a miserable existence.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That is retarded thinking.

If everyone is raping yor mother, do you rape her as well, then tell the judge, I need a lawyer because I am innocent, everyone was doing it?

Other people are not his concern.
If you want to use your reasoning. He should get a second ticket for using thepassing lane for cruising. If you are in the passing lane and someone wants to go faster than you, you are suppose to get in the right lane and let them pass. Not speed up.

HE WAS SPEEDING ACCORDING TO THE LAW!!!

No where does he state the person behind him was almost flattening him.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by smokeydog001
man, if you think life is fair, then you're in for one hell of a miserable existence.
I agree!! Its the way it is, and hurts nothing. Everything blances out, as long as people give life an effort and abide by society. Everything comes around.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PAY IT DO NOT TAKE THIS TO COURT.

20MPH over in hawaii is a death warrent. See this is why i said Hawaii is a bit different.

State law says if you are pulled over doing 20mph over the speed limit, or 80mph, you can have your car impounded and your lisc suspended for up to a year. Hense the difference. I really hate it cuz this law came into effect after they shut the only track on oahu down to curb the street racing that resulted from it.

Your lucky as ____ing hell the cop didnt decide to say "____ you and have a nice day"

Pay it, get it over with, your insurance will spike. Depening on who you have insurance through will say how much.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
That is retarded thinking.

If everyone is raping yor mother, do you rape her as well, then tell the judge, I need a lawyer because I am innocent, everyone was doing it?

Other people are not his concern.
If you want to use your reasoning. He should get a second ticket for using thepassing lane for cruising. If you are in the passing lane and someone wants to go faster than you, you are suppose to get in the right lane and let them pass. Not speed up.

HE WAS SPEEDING ACCORDING TO THE LAW!!!

No where does he state the person behind him was almost flattening him.
Oh dear. You are definitely a young airman. There is a such thing as a "common speed" law on the books.

Let me say that again hmm?

There is a COMMON SPEED LAW on the books. It states that there IS a defense to a speeding offense IF if can be demonstrated that that surrounding vehicles were going above the speed limit and failing to do the same speed would result in a traffic hazard.

Your logic fails miserably. I've been in Hawaii and I know how it is. I lived there for 3 and a half years and was pulled over TWICE. I know a lil bit about the laws there, thanks.

The point is, for traffic offenses, whether you did it or didn't do it, or whether you hopped on your hood and announced to the cop that you're guilty....you should GET A LAWYER.

If he fights this ticket and by some quirk loses, the WORST that will happen is he will have to pay the original fine. They cannot increase the punishment because someone exercised their LEGAL RIGHT to fight a charge.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:20 PM
SL Member

I can't help but wonder how in the world so many people get misguided and ill-informed about what to do in the event of getting pulled over by the cops.

My first ticket when I got home annoyed me, because I KNOW I was singled out in a crowd of people doing exactly the same speed, simply because my car looked a lil more 'sporty' than the others.

That day, I went online and....sheesh...just typed into google "speeding ticket fight" or words to that effect.

Every

Single

One

Of the

THOUSANDS

of pages that showed up said in bold letters "DO NOT JUST PAY THE FINE!!!!! GET A LAWYER!!!"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: speeding ticket in hawaii help me