Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

RIP Dylan Newman - Richman's son

Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default RIP Dylan Newman - Richman's son

For those of you who have been around the Texas Scion community for a while, you probably already know of Richman and may even know about the terrible ordeal that his son, Dylan, went through.
For those that aren't already aware, Richman has been actively involved in the Scion community for quite some time. His RS1 xB is well-known as being one of the loudest Scions in Texas, if not THE loudest! Rich has been to countless events and has dominated bass comps all over Texas. He is an outgoing individual and has always welcomed every Scion owner with open arms.
Almost a year ago, Rich's son, Dylan, became the victim of child abuse. Dylan suffered a severe blunt force trauma to the head that caused skull fractures and severe brain damage. He fought a long and difficult battle for his life, but ultimately could not recover from the severe damage that had been inflicted by his abusers.
Dylan Newman passed away Sunday afternoon, July 19th at Texas Children's Hospital. He was 3 years old.
This coming Saturday, July 25th, starting at Noon, there will be a viewing and funeral for Dylan at Pat H. Foley Funeral Home, 1200 W. 34th Street, Houston, Texas 77018. Afterward, there will be a cruise entitled "Dylan's Last Ride", in which Dylan will be taken for his final ride in Rich's xB, to his final resting place. Scions from all over will follow behind. B.A.C.A., the Bikers Against Child Abuse, will also be in attendance, so this cruise is likely to be MASSIVE.
If you would like to attend, please wear blue in honor of the fight against child abuse.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

it is a very sad thing that happened with dylan. i wish i could make it as i know dylan and rich personally. i send my regards. rest in peace Dylan.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wish i could make it sorry i cant guys ! im sorry rich dylan was an !awesome! kid
Old 07-23-2009, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

You know I have never met Richman but feel like i have know him forever, i have been following this story for awhile now since it happened, My condolences go out to Richman and his family, I will not be able to attend this but I will be wearing blue in Honor of this event,

I am proud to be apart of this great Scion community, it is such an honor to know that we have such great people heck FAMILY that will step in and help a fellow scion owner in there time of need !

Richman , my prayers are with you brother,

Thanks again for this wonderful community of family !

Scott Smith