Notices
Regional - North MN, ND, SD

MN local dealer review

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default MN local dealer review

here is my experience with two local scion dealers. I bought my red box last summer with the cash for clunkers program. i figured if the current admin is going to spend all my money i might as well try and get some back. At that time Walser Scion was the only one in the metro with an auto xb. the sales staff i worked with were fine but service and everything else was poor. if you dont know they have this oil change for life program.
what a joke they will change your oil every 3500-5000 miles for "free" but you must do your service with them. 15K 30K 45K etc... first off what the hell could need to be done at 15K that costs $170 (Walser) They told me they change the oil, filter, air filter and look at a bunch of stuff. ok they rotate the tires but not balance them. so i called Burnsville Scion same service was $115 and since i had a TRD filter it would be less. so i called Walser back and asked them why the different price and are they doing anything more? they said that is what they charge and it is the same service. needless to say that i went with Burnsville Scion they were very respectful and were easy to deal with. bill was $88 with tax and fees. saved nearly $100 so your free oil changes only cost you $30+ each if you do your service through walser.

sorry i just need to vent the only reason i did any of the service is i emailed scion and they said i need to do the service and have the records if i wanted my warranty to be good. normally no one touches my car but me.

Burnsville Scion gets an A for service and Walser gets and D
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 PM

yeah i got my tc at walser in bloomington. i had the best service from an employee named KK (his full name was a long vietnamese name). he was very patient and nice but the only problem is that he doesn't work there anymore. next came derek. he didn't last long either. now, my go to person is jason. i swear that is the worst place in terms of turnaround for employees.

anywho, DO NOT GO HERE FOR ANY INSTALLS!!!!!!!!!!! i asked the service manager how much to install tein coilovers. guess what he said..........go ahead...............guess............................$850!!!! my jaw hit the floor when he said that. i just walked off while telling him he had to be joking. that's $100 less than the freaking parts!.

in regards to aftermarket places, don't go to leroy's customs in coon rapids. i got my paint done there and after 2 weeks, i got my car back. i specifically told them what i wanted and they messed it up the first time. they said how i wanted it looked too two toned. wtf? i don't give a crap what the hell you think about it. the second time (what i have currently) is perfect except for this damn leroy's logo next to my rear driver's side wheel well. i told him i don't want that there and he said that's what they do to every car.

i went to tintmasters in savage/shakopee off of 13 and have nothing but good things to say about them. $300 for all my windows but that included removing the crap job i got at leroy's. they did a damn good job. they take out the windows from your doors and have ONE piece put on your back window (leroy's cut it in strips and put them between my defrosters). i'm planning on taking my car there for my coilover install since they gave me an estimate of $300 - $350.

sorry for the rambling lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha good reviews guys, good to know.. i just got my tc at walser this weekend and ill make sure to swing by other toyota/mplwood ones to see how that goes.. but ill keep the price thing in my head ..
Old 05-02-2011, 03:44 PM
SL Member

I have had great luck at Inver Grove Toyota and Rudy Luther Toyota. Ok luck at Maplewood. I know Inver Toyota and Maplewood are owned by the same place. I don't have experience with Walser, but have heard many interesting stories as I used to be a mechanic at their Hopkins Chrysler store.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

walser this weekend and ill make sure to swing by other toyota/mplwood ones to see how that goes.. but ill keep the price thing
Old 12-30-2011, 02:57 AM

Toyota and Maplewood are owned by the same place. I don't have experience with Walser,