Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

New to SoCal - 08 Scion tc

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question New to SoCal - 08 Scion tc

It's been so long since I have been on this site but wanted to venture back as I need a little help.

I just moved to the SoCal area from NC and I need assistance. I need to register my car here in CA but I need to get a smog done prior. Well, I am an automatic fail as I have a CAI that is not stamped with a CRB# and an EO# so I am now looking for a stock airbox. I have contacted toyota world and pick your part and a few other local places and I can not for the life of me find anyone that has the stock kit available. The stealership costs around $500 min that I have found and I do not have that kind of money to spend. Does anyone have any other suggestions (besides ebay and craigslist - already been there too) on where I could look to find a stock airbox? I am even tempted to trade my injen CAI for a stock box (for someone outside CA that is and even posted in the WTB)

And if you ever see an 08 SCM that has a busted front (thanks to someone AFTER moving to CA lol) in the LA area, that would be me!

Thank you in advance for any and all advice and help!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you dont find one within reasonable time for smog, I'm willing to loan you mine. Welcome to CA.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you for the welcome!! And oh man that would be awesome. I'm talking to a few people about getting theirs but not sure if I will have it in the time I need to go get smogged then registered.