Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

2006 scion tc 2jze motor.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member

Default 2006 scion tc 2jze motor.

My name is Nicole and I'm a proud owner of a 2006 Scion tc I'm from Oklahoma . I'm 18, and going to OSU IT for automotive tech. Currently I am building a 2jze to put in my tC (lots of work by the way) I had the stock 2j motor in my 89 toyota Supra but decided I wanted to be a little different with the tc, so there you have it. Looking to join a club or something.

Last edited by Nicolewelker22; 09-04-2014 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 09-04-2014, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to 2jz forums. Not many on here have wasted their time with that.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member

Cool

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Go to 2jz forums. Not many on here have wasted their time with that.
what do you mean wasted their time???
Old 09-04-2014, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RWD swap??? I mean, no one cares to do that, plus, their tC is meant for daily driving and scooting around. People aren't just building race cars with their Scions. That's just silly. It's cool that you can afford to not have your tC for months as you build this, but for most, they need their tC and if it's not a modification they can do over the weekend, then they aren't going to do it.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member

RWD swap??? I mean, no one cares to do that, plus, their tC is meant for daily driving and scooting around. People aren't just building race cars with their Scions. That's just silly. It's cool that you can afford to not have your tC for months as you build this, but for most, they need their tC and if it's not a modification they can do over the weekend, then they aren't going to do it.
Sorry i wanna be different with mine.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahaha. Get off this forum.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

Hahaha. Get off this forum.
No thank you, I think ill stay.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:37 PM

One, f*&^ that guy. Two, I think it's an awesome ideal. I love it when someone builds out of the box. Theres an off road tc you can google. This dude mad maxed the ____ out of his tc and of course there will always be haters. Keep us updated with pics and your progress on it and if you have the time and money for it go for it. Plus the experiance you will gain from the project. Forgive the lame term but Haters ganna hate just ignore him.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Robert, you're such a hero for saving her from my clutches. My god dude, get with it. It's insanely immature for even pondering the option, let alone dedicating yourself to it.

Nicole, listen, I understand you're right out of tech school and want to get your hands dirty because you're so eager to use your newly learned skills on something, but making stupid decisions is something entirely different. Build a lawnmower or something, that should fill your wanting for mechanical endeavors. This swap makes no sense. So you have the motor out of the Supra. Where's the Supra? You need its transmission and rear end too, and all of the utilities to perform such a swap, meaning tools and of course, money and a lot of it.

I'm simply being realistic and I'm tired of hearing about kids wanting to be ignorant. She's got 3 months of tech school under her belt and now she can manufacture custom motor mounts and ride unicorns and sh.t rainbows.

So Robert, I don't know which is worse now, her story, or your idiocy to fall for it...
Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member

I have two 89 toyota Supra's.........
Old 09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member

And I'm opening my own shop in November.....
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member

First don't be such a narrow minded sexist. I'm not some lame ___ girl who doesn't know what she is doing, I've been Saving for this cause it's what I want too do. I have more experience then 3 months I've got my certifications in collision and refinishing and automotive tech. I've been working on cars since I was 14 and now I'm 19. I have two 89 toyota Supra's one is my daily driver the other is a parts car. I also have my business degree and I currently work at a transmission repair shop. It's a lot of work but I have plenty of help I'm not doing everything myself. Obviously I don't think it's stupid or I wouldn't waste my time, people do swaps like this on the XB. I've worked my ___ off to make it in this man's world, and I've made it. Don't judge me because you don't know me.

Last edited by Nicolewelker22; 09-04-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: .
Old 09-04-2014, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xB's?? No they don't. Wow, you YouTube'd it and found Patrick Mourdant, with a real race team for drifting. The thing is over 1000hp. Otherwise there's always the 2000hp tC 2jz dragsters that do 6 seconds. That's what you're going for too isn't it? And "a man's world"? Who made this about sexism? You did. I didn't say anything about anything about male/female. Opening up a shop, and business degree by 19? Parents must be proud....
Old 09-04-2014, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member

xB's?? No they don't. Wow, you YouTube'd it and found Patrick Mourdant, with a real race team for drifting. The thing is over 1000hp. Otherwise there's always the 2000hp tC 2jz dragsters that do 6 seconds. That's what you're going for too isn't it? And "a man's world"? Who made this about sexism? You did. I didn't say anything about anything about male/female. Opening up a shop, and business degree by 19? Parents must be proud....
Yeah they should be cause I've worked my goddamn ___ off for it, and graduated early from hs to get a head start. Stop telling me your opinion cause it really doesn't matter to me, just stop judging.

Last edited by Nicolewelker22; 09-04-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: .
Old 09-05-2014, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member

Here's some pics of my car, the Starion, and the Supra. 2006 scion tc 2jze motor.-1409937847044.jpg

2006 scion tc 2jze motor.-1409937904118.jpg

2006 scion tc 2jze motor.-1409937597104.jpg

2006 scion tc 2jze motor.-1409937939801.jpg

2006 scion tc 2jze motor.-1409938070871.jpg
Old 09-05-2014, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO this is awesome lol clearly it's not a dd and if you're not in any rush to finish it and have the budget for 90% custom parts then do it. People build the stock tC parts to make 450-500 often enough on here that it's nothing new, but I hear all the time that it's a waste cause it's a scion. It's about time someone attempts something new to the scion world. I stumbled across a kid building his to be awd on Instagram and I'm sure people think that's rediculous too, but he's clearly moving along well with it and knows what he's doing, and wants to do it, so other then that there's no reason not to do it if you want it.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member

It's not like I'm in this alone I have plenty of help. I'm very passionate about my cars. I've rebuilt my 7M twice because the first time I put 40 over Pistons in, and the guy who did them put the wrong Pistons, not made for a turbo car, and I got on it once didn't even get 5 lbs of boost and I had blow by and melted 3 of my Pistons, now I have 40 over forged Pistons. I'm putting the 7M back in the Supra. And I'm doing everything nessasary to do a 2j swap simply be a I want to be unique no guy is going to think a girl like me would be driving a car like I'm building. I have a extra Supra for a parts car. Right now I work at a tranny shop. It's very fun and exciting and I've found love for cars like no other. I want to have an amazing fast light little car to drive around since I do go to meets a lot. I appreciate you seeing what I'm doing as a good thing.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just let her be. Encourage, not push away. Not like this forum is superly active these days vs up until a few yrs ago. I support what she wants to do as I'd support anyone who has ambitions and dreams with goals. Succeed or lose, you did give it a shot.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Robert, you're such a hero for saving her from my clutches. My god dude, get with it. It's insanely immature for even pondering the option, let alone dedicating yourself to it.

Nicole, listen, I understand you're right out of tech school and want to get your hands dirty because you're so eager to use your newly learned skills on something, but making stupid decisions is something entirely different. Build a lawnmower or something, that should fill your wanting for mechanical endeavors. This swap makes no sense. So you have the motor out of the Supra. Where's the Supra? You need its transmission and rear end too, and all of the utilities to perform such a swap, meaning tools and of course, money and a lot of it.

I'm simply being realistic and I'm tired of hearing about kids wanting to be ignorant. She's got 3 months of tech school under her belt and now she can manufacture custom motor mounts and ride unicorns and sh.t rainbows.

So Robert, I don't know which is worse now, her story, or your idiocy to fall for it...
Douchebag- I don't belive anyone here asked for your opinion on the matter. Oh ya trying to be a hero, for simply telling a tool that he's acting like a tool. You aparently know everything about her. I wasnt aware that you were stalking her like a ____ing creep in your spare time. Sit there, type away like you know what the ____ your talking about too. while your at it cry about it. You are seriously the worst kind of person on the planet. You sit there in your mothers basement and make fun of the people that try to get out there and do something diffrent because you lack the ***** to try it yourself. Do the world a solid, next time you have a thought just let it go. Or man the ____ up go over there see if its for real or not, If you are just going to sit there behind your keyboard and a bottle of jergins then pipe down kid becuase the grown ups are talking. Also, I dont need to defend her against you. judgeing from your right out of the box you cant ____ing do it attitude I'd say she has the brains to handle someone as small minded as you.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm skeptical about this built. Post pictures once you start.

Quick Reply: 2006 scion tc 2jze motor.