Notices
Scion FR-S Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

visconti tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 PM

Default visconti tune

I just bought an frs and intend on getting a visconti flash. I read about e85 and have some concerns about it. I've been building bike engines for 20 years or so and still race flat track. Any input from you guys on intakes and so on would be much appreciated. Fred
Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fredfromnh
I just bought an frs and intend on getting a visconti flash. I read about e85 and have some concerns about it. I've been building bike engines for 20 years or so and still race flat track. Any input from you guys on intakes and so on would be much appreciated. Fred
I am a bit confused by what you are asking about...

Your thread title is about the visconti tune. You said you have some concerns... Did you have questions about the tune itself?

As for the intakes... were you asking what intake works best with the visconti tune? Intakes in general?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM

The vtune has a dyno chart, so no argument there. Until recently I was concerned about e85 but have read up on it. As far as intakes and exhausts, has anyone tried them with the vtune and gotten any real results?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by fredfromnh
The vtune has a dyno chart, so no argument there. Until recently I was concerned about e85 but have read up on it. As far as intakes and exhausts, has anyone tried them with the vtune and gotten any real results?
Finally got Johns tune and the car is way more driveable. Worth it.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member

FA20Club CAI and the Perrin CAI both work extremely well with John Visconti tunes. I have owned both and can attest to the true cold air performance they offer. Toni at FA20club is the current Ecutek tine I'm currently running with his Equal Length Long Tube header, no more torque dip!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by tonystewart
FA20Club CAI and the Perrin CAI both work extremely well with John Visconti tunes. I have owned both and can attest to the true cold air performance they offer. Toni at FA20club is the current Ecutek tine I'm currently running with his Equal Length Long Tube header, no more torque dip!
. I'm currently using a p&l header with cat. According to torque app my best 0-60 is 5.6-5.7 with 1/3 tank 65 deg. I've been considering the perrin Cai with tune. Thanx for the info.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 PM

Finally grenaded at 24k. I take some blame as car had exh leak (slight). Got skid light cel and shook like paint mixer. Don't think tech is telling me everything as ex cams were rounded off, cyl head was cracked etc. Little bastard ran pretty good on 3 cylinders. So far dealership has been great but imo Toyota is way too slow with parts for a car thats basically 2 yrs on the market.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM

FWIW, I'm convinced that johns tune kept this thing alive longer than it should have been thanx to flatfoot shifting and probably other facets of the tune that I'm unaware of. I drove this car hard with at least 4-5 wot romps from 1 st to 3rd or 4 th. Everytime I drove it. I commute daily on I-95 in southern ct. Probably why my license will be suspended starting 2/5.