Notices
Scion FR-S Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

answer me this.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

NONE of the above. I mean, sure some aftermarket company might be dumb enough to make a turbo kit for it but c-mon it's gonna be sti swaps all day long and or raping a dunzo wrx/sti motor and just slappin' the stuff on the frs.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by ErikO
This is a completely new engine, developed by Subaru for this chassis. A similar version is available in the new Impreza and Forester, but don't pass too much judgement on it yet based on the EJ series issues.

And there are lots of very powerful, very reliable EJ's out there, but yes, some people have had issues.

YES and NO. It is an all new motor but it was NOT by any means MADE by Subaru it was a VERY intertwinded collaoration between fuji heavy industries and Toyota.

it is VERY new and DIFFERENT than any currently available subie motor BUT much to the Toyota designers the block will bolt up to any Subaru transmission and has teh exact same engine mounts as any EJ thus ruining his car and making it something that ANYONE with only HALF a brain in their skull will swap a wrx/sti motor into this better rwd chassis.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by game-over
i would love to see a ptunning kit.....
If there isn't one by the time I get mine, then I will have them custom build me one.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by hotbox05
NONE of the above. I mean, sure some aftermarket company might be dumb enough to make a turbo kit for it but c-mon it's gonna be sti swaps all day long and or raping a dunzo wrx/sti motor and just slappin' the stuff on the frs.
oh sti swaps all day long? with what transmission is this power going to be put down with. because the AZ1 tranny does not bolt up to the EJ25 or EJ20.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

That differs from what I've heard. and even if so I'm fairly certain people will make the swap work vs paying even more to make an na/t
Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Go look at the greddy page they said it looked to not fit. Now if someone tried it and it works awesome.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2012, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let's look at this through a wise man observation. If the FRS or BRZ was fitted with a turbo it would not be CARB legal and with a crack down in Cali with all these random CARB enforcement random checks I wouldn't risk it. If some tuner company would make a supercharger and make it CARB legal with say 270 to 320 rwhp I would be happy. TRD will make a supercharger for the FRS it's just a matter of time. Turbos on the other hand will come out tuner companys like there on fire and yes they are probably better in terms of power but do you want to take everything apart everytime to get a SMOG. Not me. Truthfully we should wait and see what ol subbie does because I heard there maybe a STi version of the BRZ in the pipeline. Well wait and see right?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:00 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-25-2012, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't live in Cali, those rules don't apply to me...
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just move to SC

We don't have vehicle inspections, or front plates.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:50 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by JimHudsonScion
We don't have vehicle inspections, or front plates.

OMG lucky! lol
Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by goke186
OMG lucky! lol
Right?

I moved from MA, where I got a $100 ticket, for the TRD exhaust on my tC.

But yeah, you wouldn't believe some of the stuff you see on road here. I love it. haha
Old 04-01-2012, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tha_insane
Let's look at this through a wise man observation. If the FRS or BRZ was fitted with a turbo it would not be CARB legal and with a crack down in Cali with all these random CARB enforcement random checks I wouldn't risk it. If some tuner company would make a supercharger and make it CARB legal with say 270 to 320 rwhp I would be happy. TRD will make a supercharger for the FRS it's just a matter of time. Turbos on the other hand will come out tuner companys like there on fire and yes they are probably better in terms of power but do you want to take everything apart everytime to get a SMOG. Not me. Truthfully we should wait and see what ol subbie does because I heard there maybe a STi version of the BRZ in the pipeline. Well wait and see right?
not so wise from this angle. the sti version will not have turbo, they do not want it competing with the other models. chp has been pushing road checks since the 90's, nothing new. im in so~cal and modded, pulled over and no issues. it depends on cop, and what your caught doing. trd supercharger? , we know how that went last round, didn't even last the model run.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
I guess you haven't had the same experiences with Subaru motors as I have... They are weak. I'd modify a motor Toyota has had their hands on over a Subaru WRX motor any day.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Diesel engines use direct injection now and they are pretty reliable boosted lol. I'm sure direct injection isn't worse for the the new motor. The VW GTI uses the same injection system and its boosted supposedly without issues. One of direct injections purpose is to lower the chance of detonation since fuel is fired in later than the pre valve type. In turbo applications, this means higher fuel pressure, not sure on n/a, but I would guess that maybe it's a little higher than normal.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probly a trd supercharger. Hopefully it will better thought out put then the tc s/c. Lol. I'm expecting something amazing from the ptuning turbo kit....