Notices
Scion FR-S ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Fitment issues with aftermarket speakers? Adapters needed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 07:21 PM

Default Fitment issues with aftermarket speakers? Adapters needed?

Hi guys,

The first thing I would like to do to my car is to get a better stereo, but from past experience, I know it's wise to ask a few questions first.

My main question is about the front speakers in the doors. Will I need some sort of adapter to get them to fit? I'm probably either going to go with some Focals or Hertz speakers. For most cars, you can buy some cheap plastic adapters, but they don't seem to be available for the FR-S/BRZ. Am I just not looking in the right place? All I can find are these. They look pretty nice, but I can't find much feedback on them for the FR-S/BRZ. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by MyNameIsMud
Hi guys,

The first thing I would like to do to my car is to get a better stereo, but from past experience, I know it's wise to ask a few questions first.

My main question is about the front speakers in the doors. Will I need some sort of adapter to get them to fit? I'm probably either going to go with some Focals or Hertz speakers. For most cars, you can buy some cheap plastic adapters, but they don't seem to be available for the FR-S/BRZ. Am I just not looking in the right place? All I can find are these. They look pretty nice, but I can't find much feedback on them for the FR-S/BRZ. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Those have been re-designed a bit. More info here: ?13+ BRZ / FR-S / GT86 | Subaru Audio

Should fit other Scion applications as well.

Name:  GT86BRZFRS02.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  118.4 KB