Notices
Scion FR-S Owner's Lounge
Scion FR-S Forum - The Scion sport coupe

2016 frs aftermarket ideas that wont void anything?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 04:43 PM

Thumbs up 2016 frs aftermarket ideas that wont void anything?

I bought a brand new fr-s and I'd like to start playing with it but I don't want to risk voiding any of my warranties and whatnot. I know if you get aftermarket stuff from the dealers it doesn't void anything, I've had the factory spoiler and tint added, probably gonna get the intake since it's all they offer for under the hood other than like engine brackets or a new "performance engine". So here are things I'd like to add/change, but don't know if they will void anything (also open to ideas of things I can change that I haven't listened that won't void anything)!

-Rims
-Exhaust
-Subwoofer
-Interior Lights
-Headlights
-Radio
Old 12-21-2015, 01:13 PM
SL Member

Here's a good link: Warranties and After Market Products - Sparks Toyota - Toyota Racing Development Parts
Old 12-22-2015, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's up to the dealership on how douchy they want to be. If you come to them with a steering rack issue, but you have an aftermarket exhaust, obviously that won't effect it. If you have an aftermarket intake and come to them with MAF issues, then they will tell you to get bent, rightfully so. So, if one of your aftermarket parts correlates with an issue, then don't expect much, because that's on you, and that's how the dealership is going to look at it. I have a slammed GTI and had like 500 miles til the warranty was up. My buddy was actually the VW dealership Service Manager. All four of my wheel bearings were screaming and spitting black dust. Obviously it's because I was slammed that they wore out so quickly, but yet, my boy hooked me up and got a $1,200 wheel bearing job done under warranty. Was it my fault? Hell yeah. Was it he coilovers? Hell yeah. Had I not had them, would this have happened? Who's to say, but probably. See what I'm saying? Don't let your aftermarket parts screw you and you'll be fine. Or if an issue persists, then put stock back on and take it in. Scam central baby. Enjoy. Mod the f.ck out of that thing.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:40 PM

Cool because I had so many plans for the car but I was afraid that if I put an aftermarket exhaust and I messed up my tranny or like screwed up my window they'd be like "nope changed your exhaust voided everything can't fix your windo" because my cousin got a brand new BMW and put an underglow on it and messed something up under the hood and the dealer said they don't have to fix anything because when he got the underglow it voided everything, even though the underglow wasn't relevant to the part ____ing up