Notices
Scion iQ Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

The Dumbest Post Ever

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Mkn

Default The Dumbest Post Ever

Please be gentle with my stupidity. Go easy on me. I purchased a scion iq in October. I've been driving it ever since. On the gear shifter thingy it has Park, Reverse, Neutral, S-D, and B. I just figured if I shifted it to S-D, then it would driver regular. But I had no Idea that in that notch if you have it to the right it goes to D. I've been driving my scion IQ in S for the past 4 months. I just today realize when my knee hit the gearshift that you can put it to the right. Boy, do I feel stupid. I've been driving my car with the S mode on on for 4 months, never realizing if you put it to the right you can drive it in D mode. No wonder my gas mileage has sucked. Ugh. My question is this. Can this ruin your car? Did I damage it in any way by doing this?

Sincerely
Stupid

Last edited by Mkn; 02-10-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

You probably didn't do any damage to your iQ. You should notice a difference in your gas mileage though, lower RPM's when using the "D" mode. Just be glad you weren't driving around in "B" mode.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You did absolutely nothing to your car except make it a bit peppier. "S" mode lowers the gear ratios for your CVT for more rapid acceleration and will shift much later for more power. All you did was drop your MPG.