Notices
Scion iQ Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Time for a little exhaust.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Time for a little exhaust.

This is my second custom exhaust system as my first was a one off Magnaflow full stainless system I had made, it is for sale if anyone is interested. The first system I built has a single exhaust tip exiting in the factory location and uses 2" 304 stainless steel pipe, and hangers.
My second exhaust system is the Megan racing system you see pictured, mine was a prototype, so I had to make a couple mods to it to make sure it cleared the TRD sway bar and sat correctly in the factory exhaust location. I also removed the section that had the flange to break the system down into two pieces. I prefer for the system to be one piece thus avoiding any chance of leaks. This was also the section I had an issue with clearing the rear sway bar. The sound quality of this system is really nice and gives the IQ a sporty sound without sounding like a Honda civic weed wacker lmao!
Attached Thumbnails Time for a little exhaust.-image.jpg  
Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member

Any chance of a sound clip?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default About sound clip

I tried to upload a sound clip on hear but it doesn't seem to let me up load the video. The IQ with the Megan exhaust sounds very nice, it's not to loud and it does not sound like a young kids car it just sounds a bit deep I was actually very pleased with the sound. There are some sound clips of IQs with exhaust on YouTube, but all the ones I've heard sound about the same as the sound clips I've taken. It is really hard to really get a feel for the way it sounds just from an audio recording to really appreciate it you need to hear it in person and not only from the outside of the car, but also when you take a drive in it.