Notices
Scion iQ Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Tanabe Strut Tower bar/Under Brace fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member

Default Tanabe Strut Tower bar/Under Brace fit?

Hi I know that these products will give you better handling but I gave the company a call and they are not sure if this will fit 2014 iQ.

So if anyone has product or know if all the iQ's are all the same.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-16-2019 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Not the best company

Tanabe USA, is not exactly managed by the best people, so them not knowing their brace will fit the 2014 model does not come as a surprise to me. Their first attempt at making a brace for the IQ was a flop, which they would not admit to.
The under chassis brace will fit a 2014 as there was no change in design made to the engine cradle, which is the attachment point for this brace.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member

thanks now i'm going to put my order in
Old 11-02-2014, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

The people who work at Tanabe USA are some of the most professional people I've worked with in the aftermarket automotive industry.

Since they produce products for many makes and models of vehicles they can't be sure that the product from a previous year will fit the current year. Without test fitting the vehicle or receiving information from the manufacturing company they would be unable to provide you with positive information as to whether the item would fit your vehicle.

As with any company, they will be as helpful as they can up to a point. If someone is abusive and vulgar in their conversations and dealings they will find that a professional company will no longer continue to converse with them.

I can tell you that both the strut tower brace and the frame brace will fit all years of the Scion iQ.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your purchase from Tanabe USA.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They made a defective product, and gave a customer a six month run around, and then made me pay the return shipping to have the defective product exchanged for the correct model.
In my opinion, that is not how a professional company handles things, and I have worked with many automotive aftermarket companies myself. Mistakes are made, it's human to make errors, but when you do, you own up to it and resolve the issue in a timely fashion. Any customer in my positions would have been upset. There are two sides to every story and I would never act vulgar to anyone, unless provoked to do so.

The entire point of a forum is to share with others an unbiased opinion of a product you have purchased for your vehicle, and help Fellow owners of the same vehicle when questions arise.

Anyways this is spilled milk, and by correctly answering the fellow IQ owners question, I infact helped Tanabe USA make another sale.
Attached Thumbnails Tanabe Strut Tower bar/Under Brace fit?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Airbagged; 11-07-2014 at 05:58 PM.