Notices

Scion Set to Debut Two New Vehicles in NYC

Old 12-06-2014, 12:38 AM

Default Scion Set to Debut Two New Vehicles in NYC

Scion is in a bit of a slump as of late. Their sales are down, their lineup is stagnant, and the company’s buyer segment is aging faster than the tC. But some new cars can easily change that.

Read the rest on the Scion Life homepage. >>
Old 01-11-2015, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member

Small four door cars are good for short people with families. For those of us who are taller, the four door cars are harder to get into because the doors open to a shorter area and taller people are prone to banging their heads when entering or contorting themselves.

The Hyundai veloster solution was to include the larger door for the driver side and the shorter doors on the passenger side with two doors on the passenger side. By the way, I did look at this car as an alternative to the Scion TC. I purchased a Scion TC 2015, and the reason was mostly being a small car, with manual transmission with the two doors for ease of entry and egress. The car is also roomy inside, while being a small car. Also, I did not want to rely on a turbo charger for the extra horsepower and I believed the quality behind Toyota was greater than the quality behind Hyundai. Hopefully, I made the right choice for quality, time will tell.

I can see from the sales of the Scion TC on Wikipedia, that it is not as attractive to the market it has been courting in the past, because the sales figures have dropped. The market being the younger, fresh out of college crowd who like a car with a little more sporty image. I would suggest to Scion as an alternative to the four door, and the two door, to try to do a three door. Provided they do not have any intellectual property issues, but those can be hammered out.