Notices

Scion sketches SEMA spread starring Slayer, skateboarder

Old 09-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Scionlife Editor

Default Scion sketches SEMA spread starring Slayer, skateboarder

Filed under: Aftermarket, Concept Cars, Coupe, Budget, Hatchback, Scion

I was in Nashville last weekend for a friend's bachelor party. It's all rather fuzzy, but I do recall that my friends and I found it hilarious to request Slayer every time one of the country groups on the Broadway strip asked for a specific song to be played. While there were a few good sports, most didn't find it too funny, largely because country music and Slayer don't mix all that well. Actually, Slayer and a lot of things don't mix too well. Like Slayer and Scion, Toyota's slowly withering youth brand.

This mish-mash hasn't prevented the Japanese budget brand from teaming with the metal group for a concept vehicle based on the tC coupe (shown above). If the Slayer link is a bit too extreme, Scion has a more mainstream xB, styled by skateboarder Riley Hawk on the way. Both new vehicles will be shown at the upcoming SEMA show, but Scion has opted to release a pair of sketches of both aftermarket creations ahead of the Las Vegas expo.

It's hard to tell what kind of exterior changes have been made to the tC, although Scion says the cabin now boasts a 32-inch monitor, as well as a heavily revamped stereo. As you can see, it will say "Slayer" on the door, in the band's stylized script.

"Slayer's fans are going to be excited when we reveal what a metal-inspired Scion tC looks like," Slayer guitarist Kerry King said in a statement. "Working with Scion has given us another way to reach new audiences and inspire them to keep going down their own paths."

As for the xB, the biggest change is the higher roof, which provides accommodations for both an upgraded stereo and skateboards. The overall inspiration for the boxy five-door was the 1970s, and it's been equipped suitably, with an 8-track player, **** carpets and wood-grain paneling.

Check back for more on these Scions, as well as the rest of the lunacy from the 2014 SEMA Show when it kicks off on November 4 in Las Vegas. Until then, scroll down for the official press release.Continue reading Scion sketches SEMA spread starring Slayer, skateboarder

Scion sketches SEMA spread starring Slayer, skateboarder originally appeared on Autoblog on Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...