SL Member

lol, I didn't know people still used the word 'dope.'
Old 11-19-2009, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by Big_Bird
I seen man, great pic. Thanks for the love.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by liltofuboix

TURBO! wooot
Originally Posted by highvoltage1
I love the xbt and props to my boy Curtis with the Flint Mica tC on page one with the Blue 5 spoke wheels.
Wait... I thought SEMA was about good cars being shown off with new technology and or new ways of doing things. Plus vendors showing off new goods and concepts, not stock cars with a few things different on it.

Most of the cars in SEMA that were from the "community" honestly look like crap. Scion is starting to look more and more like ricers than ever before.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ your judging by a picture. Most sponsorships prefer cars that are nice, clean, and simple. I know the guy who owns that car and i know that there are companies that sponsor him, that provided him with new products that they wanted to test out specifically the turbo kit (which is one of the first from that company) as well as many other things as well. Maybe its not the flashiest ride compared to these other ones but as long as the car sports new concepts from different companies there must be a reason for the companies to provide sponsorships in the first place to that specific vehicle. All im saying is you can't judge something by a simple picture.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

I think its more jealousy. Having personally worked on that car, and knowing that he was told they were going to pop the hood to show off the turbo, etc. but didn't, might be where some of the confusion is coming from as well. I felt the Scions were represented very well this year including Curtis's, but face it the tC is an aging platform and the xB2 is one that never really caught on in the modding world especially compared to the 1st gens, and the xDs....I'll leave it at that. Its not any of model's fault though, they are now just too far removed from the original concept.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i think the xb2's failure to take off as a modding platform is due to the fact that it doesnt have a JDM counterpart like the xb1 does...
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the responses, Nathan and Erik; don't waste your time on ChelsDS. Anything more than a response is a wasted breath.

I can care less about what people "think" of my car. What matters is: I know what's in it (more than meets the eye, trust me), I DAILY DRIVE it, I'm in college, and have done more with it than most people are given opportunity to do.I was invited to submit my car to SEMA, never did I propose my car up for the show.

It is great to have a show car, but in reality, that's something impractical for me (and the majority of us on SL). So that's what Clazzio asked for, and most importantly what they got. A clean, daily driven, "show car." If you can do better, do it. Show me up (?) if you deem it necessary; it won't phase me. I am happy with how the car turned out and that's what really matters

ChelsDS don't put Scions down from our own community to look like an active mod, if anything you are doing more harm than good, within this thread.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Wait... I thought SEMA was about good cars being shown off with new technology and or new ways of doing things. Plus vendors showing off new goods and concepts, not stock cars with a few things different on it.

Most of the cars in SEMA that were from the "community" honestly look like crap. Scion is starting to look more and more like ricers than ever before.

i'll tell you right now.... for being a "EAST COAST COMPETITOR".
most of those cars that make it into SEMA or any big show... are far from "RICE"....
99% of these cars are one off cars... most of the products on the cars at the shows have never been seen before..

to the normal show VIEWER they don't notice the little things that make the car pop... It's all in the detail... fitment, creative, clean.
if your not seeing the detail.. i'm sorry... but it is there and thats what these shows are about... if it was " rice" you would know it... i have never seen a shopping cart wing or a cheezy paint job at one of these events...

i really don't know how you can say the tc is becoming rice.... and it seems your going off the picture above^^^^^.

that car is well put together and if i had to guess that car would pull a 135-140 points in the old NCCA (HIN/Night Shift)
Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm, the last time I checked, I didn't know companies like: FIVEaxis, AME, Clazzio, Memphis Audio, Mishimoto, JRX Rotora, M2-Motoring, Mother's Polish, and Hankook Tires were considered rice

..but hey, what do I know? I've only been in the Scion Scene for 4 years...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Revoluscion
SL Member

I am happy with how the car turned out and that's what really matters
and it's should be the only thing that matters to tell you the truth. i saw your ride..and for a daily
Old 11-21-2009, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I should have brought my xA ;) Might have given some good competition ;)
Old 11-21-2009, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by sky-on
hmm, the last time I checked, I didn't know companies like: FIVEaxis, AME, Clazzio, Memphis Audio, Mishimoto, JRX Rotora, M2-Motoring, Mother's Polish, and Hankook Tires were considered rice

..but hey, what do I know? I've only been in the Scion Scene for 4 years...

apparently it is rice...

Old 11-21-2009, 12:37 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
1.) anyone know where i can get that camo vinyl?
Meguiar's Wraptivo

and as far as the comments.. if you got the money and connections... you can show off a completely stock car if you wanted to there.

as most people who have gone to past sema's mentioned.. there wasn't too much going on this year compared to others.. but what do i know..
Old 11-21-2009, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by layedoutxa
I should have brought my xA ;) Might have given some good competition ;)
LOL, If you would have been there the xA numbers would have doubled. lol. Hows the car doing?
Old 11-21-2009, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say if the majority of you guys feel these tC's are not up to snuff...then maybe people just need to try some new things or something, because when I look at these rides...I see Scion's that have come further than most of the rest of us.

It's just my opinion. I love my tC and I, like everyone else, will mod it to the way it makes me happy as an owner.

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
and as far as the comments.. if you got the money and connections... you can show off a completely stock car if you wanted to there.
Hmmm...any chance I could get some of those connections? lol
Old 11-21-2009, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

i just think that all the cars are a bit overdone, i understand thats what SEMA cars typically are, ive just never been a believer in throwing endless amount of money at a car. I could prob spend 1/5th of what those guys did on those cars and have a car that is just as (if not more) clean.

not to mention, about 99% of the people on this site probably cant afford to do any thing like that to their cars and dont have the knowledge to even do it themselves if they wanted to.

then you have to talk about legalities...just like tjin's tc. was it sick? yes was it street legal? no
Old 11-22-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Crispyxb
LOL, If you would have been there the xA numbers would have doubled. lol. Hows the car doing?

_____ ran a red light today and hit me. So, not good!
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

sux
Old 11-23-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by layedoutxa
_____ ran a red light today and hit me. So, not good!

Aw man. that sucks. Giter fixed and back on the road asap.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Internet Brands
SL Member

Default More SEMA 2009 pictures

TENZO Racing SportTENZO Racing Sport

TENZO Racing Sports also has some fine new rims to show off at SEMA 2009

MSD

Celebrating their 40th anniversary, Silver Gomez from MSD was eager to show off their throwback logo!

E3 Spark Plugs

Steve Joiner from E3 Spark Plugs told us all about their fine products

Dakota Digital

Dakota Digital won awards for their new products this year as Mike Merritt show us

K&N Filters

K&N Filters was a popular booth for anyone walking by

GreenFilter USA

GreenFilter USA had a "WOW" demo showing that their filters breath the easiest

Vossen Wheels

Vossen Wheels' SEMA booth showcasing their wheels, their Audi and their model

Last edited by IB Adrian; 11-25-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scions at SEMA 2009!