Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

APT Fog lights ( ebay VRD's)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea shipping might take a little longer. but they usually arent to bad shipping wise. cause i mean it is coming from overseas lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

4 other people bought apt fogs after me :D the shipping was fast. they didnt give me tracking number tho. also, i did the mod for the harness to make the fogs turn on when the lows are on. anyone else did this?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by flaafee
4 other people bought apt fogs after me :D the shipping was fast. they didnt give me tracking number tho. also, i did the mod for the harness to make the fogs turn on when the lows are on. anyone else did this?
Yes

Sent from Tapatalk HD
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM

Hey guys, I am trying to replace one of the bulbs but its not budging for some reason. Do I have to completely take the clips off the light in order to do this? I tried turning the back of the bulb but not much was happening haha.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

There's a tiny screw holding the bulb in.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member

So are these the ones to get? I just got a TC. Looks like they are about $100 at apt.auto on ebay
Asking because I am a newb and don’t want some POS lights and wires that will burn down my car. TIA!
Old 10-06-2014, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CommuterTC
So are these the ones to get? I just got a TC. Looks like they are about $100 at apt.auto on ebay
Asking because I am a newb and don’t want some POS lights and wires that will burn down my car. TIA!
Yes. These the cleanest looking ones out there.. I have had my set for 5+ years. No issues with electrical. Plug and Play
Old 11-11-2014, 02:13 AM

I know this is probably a silly question but if I wanted to run both the fogs in the grill and fogs in the bumpers can it be done?
Old 11-18-2014, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You technically can run both no problem. You would have to wire one set as a direct-to-switch wiring since there is only one factory fog light switch located behind the bumper. We have had a few customers that ran our corner fog lights with winjet fog lights. It works because our Meng corner fog lights (Meng, VRD, APT) use the factory fog light harness already pre-existing with the car. Then the winjet fog lights use a direct to switch harness.

There are a few things to keep in mind though. Law enforcement for one, some states have issues with having more than 1 set of fog lights for on road use. And also if you are planning to run HIDs in both fogs, I would definitely use a relay harness.

Fog lights I am referring to: Meng Motorsports Fog Light Set Scion TC 2005-2010 - Meng Motorsports

and Winjet OEM Style Fog Lights 05-10 Scion TC - Meng Motorsports
Old 11-18-2014, 01:22 AM

I'm glad you mentioned the legal portion because in reference to California vehicle code 24405 you can not run more then four lamps at one time... it's similar to lights on offroad trucks needing to be covered
Old 11-25-2014, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sounds like you did your research and definitely have it covered now. Nevertheless, our Meng corner fog lights are typically really all the extra brightness you need for regular daily driving. Not often we hear people needing two sets of fogs on the TC.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
You technically can run both no problem. You would have to wire one set as a direct-to-switch wiring since there is only one factory fog light switch located behind the bumper. We have had a few customers that ran our corner fog lights with winjet fog lights. It works because our Meng corner fog lights (Meng, VRD, APT) use the factory fog light harness already pre-existing with the car. Then the winjet fog lights use a direct to switch harness.

There are a few things to keep in mind though. Law enforcement for one, some states have issues with having more than 1 set of fog lights for on road use. And also if you are planning to run HIDs in both fogs, I would definitely use a relay harness.

Fog lights I am referring to: Meng Motorsports Fog Light Set Scion TC 2005-2010 - Meng Motorsports

and Winjet OEM Style Fog Lights 05-10 Scion TC - Meng Motorsports
hmm a 6 month warranty on the Winjets... Last pair (don't think they were brand name) I bought from ebay lasted until the first good rain I went driving in, then the left light shorted (not burned) out.

I need another pair though as those broke when I hit a tire in middle of highway

are these built better? hm...if you were confident to give a 1 year warranty I would believe you that it's better built
Old 12-02-2014, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Smile

Yeah both the Winjets as well as our fog lights include a six month warranty. Not sure which ebay seller you purchased the fog lights from, but there are definitely a lot of replicas of Winjet fog lights. Ebay is filled with tons of fog lights that have the same style, but can be from different manufacturers.

If you are referring to our Meng fog lights, I would say they are definitely built better than your generic ebay fog light. For one, our lens is glass so it will not yellow on you. Only downside is that you have to be careful to not hit anything on the freeway as it will crack if so. Will last through years of normal driving through rain, no problem. We can't give a 1 year warranty unfortunately but I am more than confident you will not have any issues if properly installed.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For one, our lens is glass so it will not yellow on you. Only downside is that you have to be careful to not hit anything on the freeway as it will crack if so.
No kidding. I'm on set 3.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Basebllstar
No kidding. I'm on set 3.
Oh wow sorry to hear that. Is your TC slammed? Since it sounds like its a big issue for you, try tinting it with film, or even a 3M clear bra film. Its not 100% but we have seen really good results with some type of protection on these fog lamps.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh wow sorry to hear that. Is your TC slammed? Since it sounds like its a big issue for you, try tinting it with film, or even a 3M clear bra film. Its not 100% but we have seen really good results with some type of protection on these fog lamps.
I'm pretty low, yeah and I do a lot of highway driving. I suspect these are the main factors involved.

I would look into a film, but I doubt they'd hold up. When mine broke they looked as though they'd been shot. No worries, though. You gotta pay to play!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 PM

Default 07 Scion Tc

Hey , I'm looking for pink fog light kit . Does anyone know of a website I can get them for a good price ?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member

PM mengsta (vendor here)
Old 01-29-2015, 05:33 AM

Default Wiring

does anyone know if apt fog lights are compatible with a winjet wiring kit?
Old 02-04-2015, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Checkout Meng Motorsports. We have a few very popular fog lights for the TC1 =].

The APT VRD Style fog lights technically are compatible with the winjet wiring kit. You just need to manually splice the two wires that connect to each bulb.

Quick Reply: APT Fog lights ( ebay VRD's)