Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

window off track HELP dealer wont fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default window off track HELP dealer wont fix

My window has fallen off the track and the dealer is telling me it is not under warranty, I need help.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: window off track HELP

Originally Posted by falcon9094
My window has fallen off the track and the dealer is telling me it is not under warranty, I need help.
why would it not be under warranty? what happened?

even though it might not be under warranty they should be able to fix it, you would have to pay for it though.

give scion a call and explain what happened
Old 01-25-2005, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it should be covered unless you messed it up.

pics?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

All I did was roll it down and it poped off the track, they are saying because of the cold it was frozen and came off and thats an act of nature and the warranty does not cover that, and I already called scion they were no help
Old 01-25-2005, 02:04 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey dealers out there, help me on this.
How could this not be covered under warrenty? :?

Name that dealer. Bad dealers like this should be named
on Scionlife.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dealer is FOS - take it in!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

It was atlantic scion on Long Island
Old 01-25-2005, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

PM SimplyScion, he's a fellow ScioNRG member and works at the Smithtown Scion dealership, maybe he can help you out.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

if the window was frozen, and you tried to lower it, and it got pulled off the track, then technically it is your fault..

if your door handle was frozen and you yanked it off in your hand, would you hold the dealer responsible for your own haste, instead of warming the handle first?

but yeah, it sounds pretty crappy for the window to do that. it's not an expensive fix btw, you can do it yourself with basic tools and know-how..
Old 01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is NO WAY he should have to fix that himself or pay to have it fixed. That is total bull. All he did was get in his car and try to put the window down. Frozen or not, it should'nt have popped off the track. His warranty should fix that....period.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

my sunroof has been broken for 3 weeks now. the window got off track... the cables got all twisted and tangled up and the motor they say was "faulty." soo, currently i'm waiting for the parts to come in. when they ordered it, the sunroof motor and cables weren't even listed in the parts listing for the tC. they called and said it should be in sometime this week. now.. i'm sort of just playing the waiting game....
Old 01-25-2005, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

they say their decsicion is final and are blaming me for forceing it down and twisting the track when it was the auotmatic switch that did everything all I did was try and put the window up
Old 01-25-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Tell them that you will call the BBB if they don't fix it. Or just call the BBB and have them ask your dealership to fix it. No one likes having the BBB call them.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is total BS. So are they trying to say that if you even attempt to open the window ONCE when its cold outside, the window is suppose to break that easily? What is that saying about Toyota Quality?

I would try another service place. But dont mention anything about weather. But if that dealership noted your account, then you are screwed.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah go to another dealer
Old 01-25-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Captain tC
That is total BS. So are they trying to say that if you even attempt to open the window ONCE when its cold outside, the window is suppose to break that easily? What is that saying about Toyota Quality?

I would try another service place. But dont mention anything about weather. But if that dealership noted your account, then you are screwed.
Nope, go to the other service place, explain to them how badly you were treated by the first dealer, and play one off against the other. Honestly sometimes works best. While I hope you get it fixed for free, it doesn't really sound like a warranty to me... My mom burned out the motor in the winshield wipers in her minivan when all the snow/ice on the roof came down the winshield as the wipers were trying to work... no warranty.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

It is on file with scion and they claim it is not their problem so playing the dealerships wont work. And they refused to do my oil change because i was angry.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Captain tC

ditto!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is "act of nature" a new legal term? I have heard of "act of God" or "Act of war" but never that.
It would seem to me that if the dealer said it wasn't your fault and that it was the cold that did it... It's warranty. I can see if the window was knocked off due to hurricane or something but not this. If the windows cannot operate at certain temperatures than Scion should have connected the window lock to the temp gauge. This was customers could not operate the windows under extreme conditions.
If you can't get satisfaction from the dealer call Toyota:
800-331-4331 ext.3 (I'm not sure it covers Scion brand too)
Ask them about Scions "act of nature" clause in the warrnty. They will probably laugh, give you a case # and tell you they will make the arragements for you. This call saved me $7000 on my Celica repair that was "my fault".
Good Luck.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago
if the window was frozen, and you tried to lower it, and it got pulled off the track, then technically it is your fault..
Absolutely not! The window should be desigened not to freeze in the first place. Even if it does freeze, it should simply sit there if you try to operate it. You should not be able to damage the window simply by pressing the buttons. It's not a matter of "forcing" things like you could with manual windows. The motor decides how hard to push and it sounds like this motor was designed to push too hard. How could someone know that the windows are frozen before they push the button?

This dealer is blowing smoke at you. Contact Scion directly and get them involved. More importantly, find another dealer.

Quick Reply: window off track HELP dealer wont fix