Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Window weather strip coming off. Both sides. HELP!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Window weather strip coming off. Both sides. HELP!

Hopefully someone has had this problem and knows a solution. My weatherstripping on the bottom of the windows has come off. Both sides are detached and every time my window goes up it looks retarded.

Help?

Pics:Name:  IMAG0217.jpg
Views: 8294
Size:  87.7 KB
Name:  IMAG0216.jpg
Views: 9417
Size:  60.2 KB
Old 10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anyone...?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the same problem :/
Old 10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least i'm not alone. Hopefully, someone will give us some input on a solution.
It's this blazing Florida sun that does so much damage to my damn car. My window trims aroung my rear windows are super oxidized as well.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahh Florida. Not as bad as Texas Hell trust me. The heat sucks here!! Yall atleast have humidity, it feels like you have a giant blow dryer to your face here. The strip along side the door near the rear driver's side window is coming off too for me :/ I feel like just super gluing it!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i'm from Texas but i've lived in miami for about 5 years or so..
Texas is really Hot.. miami isn't bad has a great ocean breeze even when ur not near the ocean.. well ur surrounded.. i guess.. and the humidity isnt bad either in miami.. But **** now i'm in Jacksonville (florida still) the humidity is sooo baddd. omfg its disgusting

So besides that i have the same problem..and i've seen that part sell on ebay a few times.. not very cheap either.. I'd probably suggests going to a junk yard.

or trdsparks.com
I think its either this
number 3
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...iagram=8560345

or this

number 5
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...iagram=8560365
Old 10-11-2012, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I've been to Florida plenty times and I love it. I'm originally from Puerto Rico so it's definitely more me. But Texas heat sucks. I hate the summers!! It's cold in the winter and I'm like "can't wait for summer!", until summer gets here, and it just reminds me of how much it sucks. I don't know how I forget either lol

But thanks! That looks like it should be the part. Do you know which one is the part that is on the trim between the door and the rear driver's side window? It's the part that goes down in the first link you posted on #1.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

#1 is the black tape on your door.. idk if u ever noticed but on your door if u take off the black tabe which is there.. it has our door paint.

i'm thinking its the first link #3
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

But it says it's the exterior part, I'm talking about like...on the side. It's like in between the door... Actually i think it's like attached to the rear window right there, it's not attached to the door.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by TripleDtC
But it says it's the exterior part, I'm talking about like...on the side. It's like in between the door... Actually i think it's like attached to the rear window right there, it's not attached to the door.
yes.. its a exterior part.. its the tape that goes on the outside of the door.. if u must need a picture.. i'll go take one Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 6922
Size:  898 Bytes
Old 04-07-2013, 03:51 AM

I am late to this thread but, my car just started doing that. Yes, Texas is a brutal heat state.
So is it easy to replace that weather stripping on the doors? Or is it better just to let my local Toyota dealer do the work for me? Also my side mirrors are so sun baked there is no more Flint Mica color on em anymore. -_-
Old 04-13-2013, 01:29 AM

Has anyone ever replaced the weather stripping on the doors? My local dealer quoted me about $107.00 to have the service dept. to replace it for me. So if I can find someone to help me out seeing that buying the actual part will already set me back $70-$115 just for the pieces.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:44 PM

I'm having the same problem as the op, the links don't work any more. Anyone have a new link or a part number or even a name for the outer weather strip for the windows.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It is called Belt Moulding
Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

like above it is called belt moulding

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...Belt%20molding

I replaced mine earlier this year, mine originally started separating a while ago.

I wouldn't try to find one at a junk yard because it is probably not in the best condition and based on changing mine, your most likely going to end up ruining it taking it off anyway.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:03 AM

Hello, has anyone found the molding cheaper then 38.44 for each? I got the price from Sparks Toyota which usually always has cheaper prices and since I have purchased from them before I wanted to see if anyone else out there had a better offer.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

nope, these parts aren't cheap for whatever reason
Old 04-23-2015, 01:52 AM

Smile Yes, I do refurbish all 4 trims for under $70

Hello,
We do refurbish them for $69.99 plus a $7 shipping & handling fee. It comes with an unconditional 5 years warranty and they will be as good as new with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. keep in mind that weather strips prevent water and dust from getting inside the door panel which would cause substantial damage and end in a costly repair. Don't forget about noise reduction too so with our refurbish method we are exceeding O.E.M quality specifications. You can contact me via e-mail for further information. scionfix@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by gercantu2006
Hello, has anyone found the molding cheaper then 38.44 for each? I got the price from Sparks Toyota which usually always has cheaper prices and since I have purchased from them before I wanted to see if anyone else out there had a better offer.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In case anyone else comes here looking for help / answers, I literally changed both belt mouldings on my tC last week after getting new ones delivered. It took a putty knife and flathead screwdriver to remove some tabs and some muscle to slide the whole thing out of place and the new one back in.

I found a how-to on YouTube and tried to follow that, HOWEVER I wasn't able to remove them fully without breaking the old belt mouldings in the process (once I did that it came out much easier). In order to get the clearance to remove the second "clip" the whole piece out smoothly. Here's the video I'm referring to.

How to Replace Scion Tc Window Rubber Trim Molding
Old 04-23-2015, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i just ripped my old ones out too, the factory repair manual has you use a prying tool similar to the video, but doesn't imply you can slide them out easy like the video, i know mine didn't want to slide out like that.
it instructs you to remove the side rear view mirror and detach the clips in that area to lift the whole thing up and out.

the clips can break and fall into the door, but you can snap the door panel off down there and it should fall though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window weather strip coming off. Both sides. HELP!