Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Buyers Guide: Scion tC Exhaust

Old 08-13-2006, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ime thinking of getting a catback exhaust also.ime considering the greddy evo 2 and the hks axle back.need some inputs guys.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

if u really like those 2 axlebacks just get a custom midpipe made. there u go catback
Old 08-21-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by AndrewGene
isn't 10-15hp gain a little optimistic? I thought that axel-backs only give you about 2hp...and cat-backs give about 5-7 maybe...am i missing something?
a full exhaust system will give like 20 hp at the crank, only about 10-12 at the wheels (headers, downpipe, midpipe, and axleback)
Old 08-22-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i would have to disagree. headers alone can give 10-15 whp depending on the brand (alphawerks and megan on the short side, among others, and MMW on the long side - granted MMW includes their own downpipe). a new downpipe, midpipe, and axleback on top of the headers could be good for another 5-10 whp depending on the setup.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default exhaust...

i have the oem style megan exhaust and im soooo very pleased.. only one around with it..
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Does anyone have any info on the precision muffler exhaust?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member

You guys are silly to think you are going to get a big power gain from I/H/E mods out of a tC. 10-15whp is ludicrous.

I acknowledge that my tC will never make respectable power short of forced induction...therefore it is a waste to spend lots of money on intake/exhaust mods.

My tC is my daily so i'm going to just get an axle-back that looks and sounds good. The Tanabe G looks like it fits the bill. If it makes a little power, cool.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

[quote="ConjunctionJunction"]You guys are silly to think you are going to get a big power gain from I/H/E mods out of a tC. 10-15whp is ludicrous.
quote]

i would have to disagree and call you ignorant. you mention i/h/e. well im just starting out with the "i." h/e and even c for crank pulley are another completely different issue.

please read the following and take a look at the injen cold air intake specifically.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...sc+intake+dyno
Old 08-30-2006, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok i am new to the exhaust thing and modding cars... what exactly is the diffrence between an axleback and catback exhaust? I have been searching many threads for this and it just seems that it is common knowledge.. could someone please fill me in? thanks
Old 09-01-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

hey someone that has the tanabe axel back system..wat is the muffler length for that system...i just am wondering because most can style mufflers are about 14 in long...if u could measure it that would be a big help since im tryin to figure out wat mufflers would fit without having to put the muffler hyper style
Old 09-01-2006, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I would like to see a dual exhaust system.

Pic's??

Anyone??
Old 09-02-2006, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

do a search i think theres a few ppl running dual exhausts
Old 09-03-2006, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i found someone who knows his stuff to install my exhaust for me cheap. but he wont be able to bend any pipes. so im looking for an affordable, deeper sounding exhaust(nothing too loud) and that would bolt on easily. any ideas?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member

Default header or sd pipe?

ok if you live in the chicago land area, and can install on of the two, please respond. i have a 07 tc 5 speed. have the trd axleback and want more power. not a lot a little. im not going crazy here,. s pipe or header? remember that i do not want to pay instalation. i want whats easier. from what iv read in here neither do much. or is an intake better? arrive me the answer whoever knows.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

anyone got a video of the tanabe medallion touring exhaust.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member

Hey I have the HKS hi power axle back and i am very pleased with the sound quality. i also have the injen cold air intake and those two together are nice. I wanted to know if ne one knew if they were comming out with a header with a Cat in it because i dont want a CEL. I also wanted you all to know that the megan racing S pipe doesnt fit the stock mid section. and it's a little snug on the stock header. i just ordered the megan mid section soo ill let you know if it fits the hks. They told me it did but i wanna be sure. ill let you all know how it is. also if you all have ne questions im a scion and toyota tech@ a dealership with 6 years experience so ne questions feel free to ask
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had problems with my megan S-pipe hooking up to the Megan OE-RS Exhaust mid pipe, just had to cut the metal flange off, no biggie lol. I had a full megan setup, headers, s-pipe, and OE-RS exhaust and it was raaaaaassssssssspy, but as soon as i removed the header and put the stock back on, it was all good. I'm thinking of getting rid of the megan though for something more aggressive sounding to go with my ZPI stage 0.....if it ever gets here lol, Any ideas?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member

how does the megan s pipe hook up to you OE header? And did your Cel come on with your header? Also did you install the s pipe? if so did you use Oe bolts because i had some problems.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the CEL came on, which is just because the car senses a change in the exhaust. and the S-pipe to the stock header was the easy part, it was the s-pipe to mid section of the megan exhaust that was a pain. I installed everything and the only problem really was just time. I broke a blade on my saw trying to cut the flange on the s-pipe, but after I cut it, just slid the gasket over the end of the S-pipe and bolted it straight to the mid section, hooked up the sensor and that was that. Even with the stock headers, adding the S-pipe on top of the Megan exhaust added a nice exhaust note. Didn't add that much volume but did seem to open the tone a bit. I may be wrong but I believe you can buy a little bung that screws into your O2 sensor on the megan headers, that knocks out the CEL. Hope that helps. I'll try tomorrow to make a vid of the exhaust if i can figure out how to put it on here.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and about the Bolts, yeah they were a pain too but, All I did was this: Put the spring bolt in the socket wrench, put it through the hole on the S-pipe, then pushed the whole shibang up until I felt the bolt go in the hole on the headers, then started tightening it down, that was it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buyers Guide: Scion tC Exhaust