Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Clutch hydraulics not working

Old 10-20-2014, 01:19 AM

Default Clutch hydraulics not working

I replaced the clutch master and slave cylinders in my 2006 tc, I vacuum bled and pressure bled the line and I can't get a full pedal or even enough to compress the pressure plate to get it into gear. There is some fluid movement and the slave compresses a little but no where near full movement. I ran nearly a quart of fluid through the lines with no air coming out so I would say it's safe to say there isn't any. I don't know what to do! I've replace many masters and pressure bleeding always works so well for me
Old 10-20-2014, 10:39 PM

So I got the car back from toyota and they told me there was some kind of procedure for adjusting and setting the clutch that involves resetting the computer? Anyone ever heard of this? Makes no sense to me seeing as there is not being electronic really hooked into the hydraulics? Anyone have any explanation or idea what the procedure is for future reference? They said that all tc's and frs's have this problem
Old 10-22-2014, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's BS. They probably just adjusted the clutch pedal throw rod so that it engages higher/lower than before. It's recommended anytime you change the clutch or master/slave cylinders.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 AM

I adjusted it every which way(horrible design for adj pedal height) and still couldn't get it to work. There was no air in the system I'm sure of, just not sure what else I could have done
Old 11-21-2014, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This happened to a friend of mine, we finally figured it out after a day or so. There was debris ( part of a leaf ) in the brake reservoir which prevented the clutch master from drawing fluid freely. So even tho there was plenty of fluid. The clutch master still ran dry on each push unless you took a minute to fully depress it. Maybe it was something along those lines. It had gotten stuck in the feed tube. We flushed the tube and problem solved.