Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion tC First Gen » Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge » Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 AM   #1
5 Year Member
SL Member

draxcaliber 29/M

Send a message via AIM to draxcaliber
Default i have a minor oil leak...

so i was just checking over the car today once i got word that i finially have a cover to work for me on saturday so i can spend all day autocrossing, and i noticed i have a very small oil leak.

it is at the bottom of the shaft for the dipstick, just a tiny damp looking spot. i had a friend watch the engine while i revved it in neutral, it isn't spewing oil out or anything, infact none came out that he noticed while i was running it.

anyway, going to take it to get checked out tomorrow. from what i pulled up on google, in other cases when this has happened, the solution is to pull out the dipstick and replace the o-ring and it's done, but most of those solutions were for completely different cars, like vintage mustangs, and off-roading jeep wranglers.

does anybody know if it is that simple to do on our engines? i haven't seen a post about this yet. if i am the first one, i guess i'll keep everybody posted as well as i can.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #2
5 Year Member
SL Member

draxcaliber 29/M

Send a message via AIM to draxcaliber

whoops, forgot to update this post! anyway, went to dealership, was a simple replacement of the o-ring around the dipstick, they replaced it and even changed my oil with mobil1 for free. once again, this is why i think fitzgerald toyota rocks! now that i'm not leaking oil, i'm good to go autocrossing on saturday!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, 2006, 2055, common, leak, leaking, leaks, minor, oil, scion, tc, transsion, xa, xb, xb2