Go Back   Scionlife.com » Scion tC First Gen » Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge » Scion tC 1G Forced Induction
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Scion tC 1G Forced Induction
Turbo and supercharger applications...

Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

TokenAsianGuy 31/M

Send a message via Yahoo to TokenAsianGuy
Default Possible fix for P0102 with p0113

Hey everyone I just spend 1 month chasing my tail on this issue and I think I possibly fixed this issue for people that have a S/C setup.

Recently after a deployment I managed to have issues with my tc. It started with mild hesitation issues then final product lead to a CEL with a P0102 and P0113.

While troubleshooting I did not follow the golden rule, stick to the basics, work backwards (I.E replace a part, no result change back and pay attention to detail)

Anyways last night I was driving home from work and the car stalled out, I replaced the maf sensor a few days with no fix. So I woke up this morning and ripped apart the car checking for vacuum leaks, then I noticed something. On the filter assembly on the intake portion there was suppose to be a weather stripping type seal. It was gone, remember after cleaning the airfilter I ripped it off because of the ware and figured it was pointless. Sooo with that said I replaced it with some doublesided 3M tap and presto car idles great, no issues with hesitation and I can hit boost again! So if you are having this issue please check your seals, o-rings and minor things first before going out and buying 180 dollar parts.. Don't ask. LOL
Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Scionlife.com
Scion TC

Paid Advertisement

Tags
09, code, fixed, p0102, p0113, p113, po102, po113, repair, scion, tc, toyota, troubleshooting, turbo, xb